Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 45
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

1. I don't open carry for intimidation or respect I was pointing out the fact that's what happens everyday regardless.... And I walk the streets with my three year old I hope a bg sees my gun and respects me instead of try's to mess or rob or kill me I'll take the stares and the people who don't like it O well lol

open carry is a deterrent thats why we carry while in iraq,thats why police open carry,some bad guy may not think he has the upper hand

4. A lot of you are missing the primary benefit of an armed society. It's not a question of wether the "bad guy" will take you out first due to OC; it's that the bad guy will be deterred from starting something in the first place. In the words of John Lott: "More guns, less crime." The side benefit of OC is desensitizing the general (unarmed) public to the unfounded fears fostered by the anti-gunners.
    If every gun owner open carried (where legal) on a regular basis, there would be less apprehension of gun owners by the unarmed and more apprehension by the ne'er-do-wells contemplating crime.

5. Good comment think you won this post man ^

6. Quote Originally Posted by Flanmedic51 View Post
    You're making this more complicated than it is. What the above comment says as well as what FTG 05 said is proof positive of why there is a contingency out there that has opinions AND good points about the OC mindset and motives that turns people off.
    What did I say that turns people off??????

Quote Originally Posted by ONLYPILL View Post
    Open Carry has many fans, but when it comes down to a firefight, it will fail you.

Combat Strategy demands that you have the offensive, the edge, the element of surprise.

Tactics learned on the conventional firing range are worthless in a real fight. The Bad Guys aren't going to give you time to get ready, and sight in on them. They want to win, at your expense.

Concealed Carry is the way to go on the streets. You get the element of surprise.
    That's your opinion. "Combat strategy" in every war I've seen show soldiers coming with their guns out and ready to engage. So if you want to carry concealed then do it and leave those of us who want to open carry alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ONLYPILL View Post
    Open Carry has many fans, but when it comes down to a firefight, it will fail you.

When you Open Carry, you are signaling the world that you are prepared for a fight, even if you are just bluffing!

Bad Guys are not afraid of you unless you are actually ready to fight.

And they aren't going to give you that chance.

Combat Strategy demands that you have the offensive, the edge, the element of surprise.

Tactics learned on the conventional firing range are worthless in a real fight. The Bad Guys aren't going to give you time to get ready, and sight in on them. They want to win, at your expense.

Concealed Carry is the way to go on the streets. You get the element of surprise.
    Really, do yo have experience of being a CC in a fire fight?
    Do you have even a shred of proof of the garbage you spew?

9. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Hasn't this dead horse been beaten enough on a bunch of other threads? Just carry the way you want and leave the rest alone.
    Not everyone is an old timer on this forum and this isn't a dead horse to the new comers. I am forever sending our new members at Idaho Carry here and talking about this forum when I am interviewed on the radio. This topic is alive as long as people are interested in talking about it and it surprises me golddigger that you would even enter into the conversation if you think it is a dead horse. It is here that friends are made and, in my book, anti-OCers who denigrate OC are no better than the anti-gunners. You are doing their dirty work. I Conceal Carry when I can't Open Carry and 100% of the time that I am Open Carrying, I am winning the hearts and minds of those on the fence because I act like an ambassador for the 2nd Amendment dressing sharp and smiling and talking to everyone. Obviously you can't OC everywhere, because wisdom and prudence guide either carry, but I engage people daily and 95% of the conversations are started by people commenting on my gun and none of those comments have been negative. Golddigger, every time I engage in one of these forums, I pick up another "gold nugget" for my pro-OC argument, so please everyone, keep the OC/CC conversation alive. We have 5 anti-OC states left to win over and these discussions help those efforts.

Then why did you make such a declarative statement except to agitate and rile people who don't agree with you?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Gunluvr View Post
    Then why did you make such a declarative statement except to agitate and rile people who don't agree with you?
    Why are we necromancing a thread that is 1 1/2 years old?!?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast