Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 46
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Why are we necromancing a thread that is 1 1/2 years old?!?
    Because it's an omnipresent topic that will never be solved, it can be rounded and debated up or down but it's distilled down to one's personal opinion and preference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ONLYPILL View Post
    Bad Guys are not afraid of you unless you are actually ready to fight.
    Everyone knows that criminals are cowards that would prefer to avoid confrontation by praying on the weak who have their heads buried in their cell phones.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
    - Sigmund Freud -

4. I respect your opinion but there are two ways to look at this.
    1. By carrying open you would most likely send the bad guy off looking for someone who they think is not carrying a gun.
    2. Carrying it open increases your response speed if you have to use it.
    3. I like a ankle holster for comfort but for quick response it sucks.
    4. The most important thing carrying open it does is let everyone that sees you know that you are there to protect yourself and others if need be.
    5. Conceal Carrying is not a crime deterrent by itself. If a bad guy does not think you have a gun he is more likely to pick you.

I do think that there needs to be some kind of ID displayed with the gun, say on the Belt or Holster identifying you as someone licensed to carry.
    That's my story and I am sticking to it.
    Kebeau
    TX

Quote Originally Posted by Gunluvr View Post
    Because it's an omnipresent topic that will never be solved, it can be rounded and debated up or down but it's distilled down to one's personal opinion and preference.
    I think the question is... Why are we necromancing a thread that is 1 1/2 years old when there are already a bunch of threads on this very subject? Do we really need that many arguments going on at once? As a matter of fact that's the only reason I opened it... I was wondering what kept it going for so long.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    I think the question is... Why are we necromancing a thread that is 1 1/2 years old when there are already a bunch of threads on this very subject? Do we really need that many arguments going on at once? As a matter of fact that's the only reason I opened it... I was wondering what kept it going for so long.
    I was woundering the same thing this is one that will never be settled on which is best, myself I do both concealed and open, but honestly lately I have been doing more open, to me its more comfortable to carry open in a normal belt holster, and the older I get the less I give a dam about what people think, there are some instinces where concealed is preferred but for the most part its open
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

I don't hide my weapon. I open carry 90 percent of the time. No looks, no one running for cover, nothing, period.
    Carry as you see fit but don't try to tell me your way is the only way.
    This post is embarrassing as it was started by a firearms instructor(?).

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

8. Well said. Much more eloquently than I.
    Why would I want to advertise that I'm prepared to fight?

Quote Originally Posted by counselorcop View Post
    Well said. Much more eloquently than I.
    Are you a cop?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    I was woundering the same thing this is one that will never be settled on which is best, myself I do both concealed and open, but honestly lately I have been doing more open, to me its more comfortable to carry open in a normal belt holster, and the older I get the less I give a dam about what people think, there are some instinces where concealed is preferred but for the most part its open
    As I approach middle age I too could care less what other people think. It is a civil right that has always been with us but wholly neglected because of the belief that it would always be there, but Diane Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Charles Schumer and the other anti-gun usual suspects showed us in 1993-94 that we can't relax or blink lest the wolves close in for the kill. Eternal vigilance.

11. Quote Originally Posted by counselorcop View Post
    Well said. Much more eloquently than I.
    Because more often than not the criminal who is sizing you up as a target is not going to be willing to fight to the death when they don't have to.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast