Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 5
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    If I still had it, I'd OC the Ruger Redhawk .44 magnum I used to own, but I sold that many years ago.

The nice thing about OC, you don't have to worry about being able to hide something.
    OC'ing a Ruger Redhawk would be excellent! A friend of mine has a rig for his Redhawk that looks just like the one Tom Selleck wore in "Quigley Down Under". There would be no mistaking that rig as concealed. :)

My friend is an Army sniper. Snipers love that Quigley movie.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

3. If I OC then Wally World would see me coming and they would lock the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    OC'ing a Ruger Redhawk would be excellent! A friend of mine has a rig for his Redhawk that looks just like the one Tom Selleck wore in "Quigley Down Under". There would be no mistaking that rig as concealed. :)

My friend is an Army sniper. Snipers love that Quigley movie.
    Well, when I was in, I was a tanker, but I still love that Quigley movie too.

Tom Selleck was great as Magnum, but I tend to agree with some movie critics, he was born to play westerns.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

5. Quote Originally Posted by pafindr View Post
    If I OC then Wally World would see me coming and they would lock the doors.
    No.... but the greeter would shoot you first!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Yoicks! There is a "picture" to bring fear into your heart! An Octogenarian with a semi automatic weapon!

"... and everyone knew
    ya didn't give no lip
    to the aged geezer
    with the 'big iron'
    on her hip!"

Refrain (chorus): "Big iron on her hip!"

LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    I really like my XD-45 4" but it's a little large for everyday carry.
    .45 XD is my edc piece, mostly OC. You get used to it.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

8. At the very least, open carry seems a better plan than not being able to carry at all. Current Supreme Court interest in very narrow definitions of exactly what the 2nd Amendment is all about seems a whole lot more scary than the difference between open and concealed carry.

Spent a wonderful vacation in Sedona, AZ open carry nobody not even the visitors said a word. As far as open vs concealed we have beat this horse to death, dead horse remove saddle find new horse and move on.

10. I agree with the surprise aspect of going concealed instead of open carry. It seems the open carry person would be the first one taken out and probably in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrakay:225961
    I agree with the surprise aspect of going concealed instead of open carry. It seems the open carry person would be the first one taken out and probably in the back.
    Food for thought.

The chances of a gun being involved in the death of a child is much higher in houses that have guns than those that do not. While its sad, the argument against it is that the amount of times those guns have stopped a crime overwhelms the death of a family member.

The chances of getting in a car crash increase if you drive a car, compared to if you don't.

The chances of getting your gun grabbed OC is greater than those that cc. What are those chances, well there has only been one reported indecent in the past decade among the hundred thousands open carriers. If we are losing a big advantage with those chances, people who use guns for home defense are really screwed.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast