Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 8
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    I think the same is mostly true of criminals when they see one or more openly carried firearms at a location. Unless the criminal is a crazy "suicide by cop type" the criminal will usually just go to another location without armed men (or women) around.
    So far I have never heard of a "suicide by CCW Badge holder" incident.

3. Can someone confirm that Florida was to allow to open carry. i will try to find the link to the news article.
    Code:
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/nation/epaper/2008/05/06/m1a_gunsatwork_0506.html
    i think i found it..

Code:
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/senate-passes-three-bills-easing-up-gun-laws-1441228.html

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    So far I have never heard of a "suicide by CCW Badge holder" incident.
    I hope you never do.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    I hope you never do.
    Me too, that might upset all of the sheepdogs.

Sorry, I tend to disagre a bit. It is a personal choice, and I prefer to open carry. If a bad guy is holding you up and gunpoint, he already has the drop on you. Unless you are a quick draw expert, maybe you should just hand over your wallet. If I am open carrying, the bad guy might just find someone less able of putting a few holes in him. Bad guys tend to prey on the weak, thats why you don't see many cops being held up for their wallets. People say that open carriers are targets, bad guys will rob you of your gun. I don't ever recall anyone being held up for their gun at a gun show, or a NRA convention, or a police benevolent association meeting. Point being, bad guys don't want to die either, and if they don't care if they die, open carry or not your in for a bad day.
    I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!

Quote Originally Posted by homerfire232:229158
    Sorry, I tend to disagre a bit. It is a personal choice, and I prefer to open carry. If a bad guy is holding you up and gunpoint, he already has the drop on you. Unless you are a quick draw expert, maybe you should just hand over your wallet. If I am open carrying, the bad guy might just find someone less able of putting a few holes in him. Bad guys tend to prey on the weak, thats why you don't see many cops being held up for their wallets. People say that open carriers are targets, bad guys will rob you of your gun. I don't ever recall anyone being held up for their gun at a gun show, or a NRA convention, or a police benevolent association meeting. Point being, bad guys don't want to die either, and if they don't care if they die, open carry or not your in for a bad day.
    You would think that is common sense...but there are others that have officially killed the horse known a common sense. Did I just kill two birds with one stone? Talk about knock down power

8. Only a police officer in uniform open carries.

Quote Originally Posted by alcm44 View Post
    Only a police officer in uniform open carries.
    Actually no, both Big Gay Al and NavyLCDR open carry on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Actually no, both Big Gay Al and NavyLCDR open carry on a regular basis.
    I OC when I'm working (security guard) and when I'm off duty in NON-uniform type clothing.

The only time my pistol is concealed more often is in the Winter time, since my coats tend to cover my weapon. That also goes for work as well.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Im gonna have to disagree, most cops do not open carry when off duty.

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast