Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 9
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

1. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Actually no, both Big Gay Al and NavyLCDR open carry on a regular basis.
    I'm not a police officer, though. Just a Naval Officer (and a gentleman) I open carry when not in uniform. When I am issued a firearm, I open carry in uniform. If it wasn't against the regulations, I would open carry my personal weapon in uniform.

I was eating lunch about 1 week before my wedding in civilian clothes. The Chaplain who was going to officiate our wedding was eating lunch in the same restaurant. He saw my gun and asked if I was on duty. I said, nope, I carry when off-duty. He looked at my future wife and said, "Yep, you got a keeper there!"
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

My kind of chaplain!

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Im gonna have to disagree, most cops do not open carry when off duty.
    Disagree with what? alcm44 said that "Only a police officer in uniform open carries." I'm pretty sure he didn't say on duty or off duty.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Actually no, both Big Gay Al and NavyLCDR open carry on a regular basis.
    This is what I disagree with. G50AE is saying this in reference to alcm44's post saying only on duty cops carry openly.
    He thinks cops open carry off duty too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    This is what I disagree with. G50AE is saying this in reference to alcm44's post saying only on duty cops carry openly.
    He thinks cops open carry off duty too.
    I don't think so. I think he was saying that uniformed cops are not the only ones that open carry. If you read G50AE's reply, he said that both NavyLCDR and I open carry on a regular basis, and we are not police officers. I fail to see how off duty police come into the equation. Except to say that I knew a LEO many years ago who OCed in my home town, when I was growing up.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    I don't think so. I think he was saying that uniformed cops are not the only ones that open carry. If you read G50AE's reply, he said that both NavyLCDR and I open carry on a regular basis, and we are not police officers. I fail to see how off duty police come into the equation. Except to say that I knew a LEO many years ago who OCed in my home town, when I was growing up.
    BINGO!

Why does my reply have to have at least 15 characters?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    BINGO!

Why does my reply have to have at least 15 characters?
    How is it that NavyLCDR and Big Gay Al were both able to understand exactly what I was saying, but other posters were not? I will say it again, OC isn't just for LEO's, Big Gay AL and NavyLCDR both do it on a regular basis, and neither of them are LEO's.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    How is it that NavyLCDR and Big Gay Al were both able to understand exactly what I was saying, but other posters were not? I will say it again, OC isn't just for LEO's, Big Gay AL and NavyLCDR both do it on a regular basis, and neither of them are LEO's.
    I guess the others just are not as astute as we are.

Concealed Carry has many fans, but when it comes down to a firefight, it will fail you.

When you conceal carry, you are signaling the world that you want to be victimized, even if you are just bluffing!

Bad Guys are not afraid of you unless you are actually ready to fight.

And they aren't going to give you that chance.

As carriers, we are not on the offensive all the time. Self defense demands you have SA and a good offensive that you can unleash as quickly as possible.

Tactics learned on the conventional firing range are worthless in a real fight. The Bad Guys aren't going to give you time to get ready, and sight in on them. They want to win, at your expense.

Open Carry is the way to go on the streets. You get the element of deterrence.

(I thought this would be interesting, take the first post and switch open to concealed. Replace the surprise for deterrence.)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    (I thought this would be interesting, take the first post and switch open to concealed. Replace the surprise for deterrence.)
    It works for me.

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast