Just a thought.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought.

1. Just a thought.

If we have a concealed why should we not be able to open carry. We have already been through the training and have passed the checks, I think we should be allowed to open carry. Just a thought.

3. I wouldn't one anyone to know i got one. I love to cc. nobody knows but me. my opinion. now if I'm going fishing or hunting I will open carry. from fl

4. Wait I think I need a bigger one.

Quote Originally Posted by jwisecarver View Post
    If we have a concealed why should we not be able to open carry. We have already been through the training and have passed the checks, I think we should be allowed to open carry. Just a thought.
    Why would you want to?
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

6. depends on the state

Indiana, for example, has no distinction between open carry and concealed carry. The law only references carrying a handgun.

7. Depending on where you are, you can.

In Oregon, all local open-carry prohibitions are preempted for Concealed-Carry license holders.

But in some areas, open carry, even if legal, is just asking for trouble. Yes, I *CAN* open carry in Portland if I want. But if I do, I *WILL* draw unwanted attention.

8. Quote Originally Posted by zoltandaman View Post
    I wouldn't one anyone to know i got one. I love to cc. nobody knows but me. my opinion. now if I'm going fishing or hunting I will open carry. from fl
    Well you still can ccw if you want to... nobody Wouldn't know you carry, just saying..

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Depending on where you are, you can.

In Oregon, all local open-carry prohibitions are preempted for Concealed-Carry license holders.

But in some areas, open carry, even if legal, is just asking for trouble. Yes, I *CAN* open carry in Portland if I want. But if I do, I *WILL* draw unwanted attention.
    That's pretty much the case in any urban setting. But, if you have enough people who work at educating the public at large, as well as the public servants (i.e., the police) then you shouldn't have too many problems.

I've been OCing for more than 3 years in and around the Lansing area of Michigan. Our state capitol. The vast majority of encounters I've had, have been of the positive type. Very few have raised an objection. And even then, it did not deter me from OCing. What you have to decide is this, IF you really want to OC, are you willing to put up with the attention you might get? If not, don't do it.

Just as a side note, you'd be surprised how many people don't even notice my pistol when I'm OCing. Most who do, carry themselves, either OC, CC, or else they're LEOs.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

This is a first, someone has popcorn and I finally got to have some before the sheepdogs ate it all.

11. Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    Why would you want to?
    A plethora of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jwisecarver View Post
    Those that are afraid of guns can put their heads in the sand and not concern themselves with the guns they cannot see.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast