OCing and CCW Badges - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: OCing and CCW Badges

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    But it's so much fun to watch you troll

Now that's a funny video! Good pick

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    If you want to wear a badge then take the pay cut and become a cop.
    Do you live in a small town?

Police in the last town I lived in made 80k easily....that doesn't seem like a pay cut to me :-/ Seems like small town police do make less (20k...so if you live there I can understand)..where as a larger city police make on average 60k, overtime/compensation puts most upwards close 100k...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Do you live in a small town?

Police in the last town I lived in made 80k easily....that doesn't seem like a pay cut to me :-/ Seems like small town police do make less (20k...so if you live there I can understand)..where as a larger city police make on average 60k, overtime/compensation puts most upwards close 100k...
    And you can trade in your CCW Badge for a "Gangsta in Blue Badge".

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105:229420
    2nd Why would a person want to give themselves away. Surprise is 1/2 the battle...Of course a slow well placed shot will beat 10 quickly fired misses!....

Anyway that is my thought for what it is worth.
    I agree surprise is half the battle for the criminal. If they find a victim unaware, and have the opportunity to use surprise, the victims are now on the defense. Its a matter of how fast the victim can become offensive at this point to try and stop as much loss as they can.

As another poster put it, if the criminal is not afraid to die, and has the opportunity to use their surprise, any form of carry is in for a bad day.

All criminals will have a rough time if I remain situationally aware. More then half the criminals won't pick me when I OC.

For carriers, half the battle (more like 95%) is avoiding the battle all together. So OC works best for me as it deters the majority of criminals, and SA will deter the rest, or hopefully give me a fighting chance.

I'm not a fan of the Badge. However, how many CCW holders (without a badge)have NRA or similar type stickers on there cars or home windows. How many CCW holders wear Outdoor or hunting style clothes or 5.11 Tactical clothes. Now I'm a NYC boy living in Cali. But, those are some of the things that cause me to think that you may be armed. As an Army guy, I don't like the badge (although cool looking) because of OPSEC (I like being low profile). But, again, how many open carry folks got shot by a bad guy because said bad guy saw his gun first.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:229214
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    I prefer to fight, not take someones life, especially over a verbal disagreement.
    You are not someone who should be owning guns then. You are no better than the "gangstas" who use the N-word all the time and then get ticked off if the "wrong" person uses it and then they go and start a fight.

But what I will tell you is that mouth of yours would get your butt kicked where I come from.
    If that is the case you must live with a lot of thugs and assorted criminals who should be in jail.

See that's the difference between us, you'll run your mouth on an internet forum, but I bet when it comes down to it you'd either run or hide behind your gun in real life.
    And you will threaten someone because they "dissed" you. That's realy manly of you. I bet when you were in school you bullied any kids who were different from you, just because.

Your wrong B2, I am a peaceful man,
    Hogwash, everything you have just said indicated that you either can't control your emotions, or that you enjoy getting into fist fights to prove how "gangsta" you are.

Odd, I don't usually agree with B2Tall. I don't agree with his arguments against OC. But in this singular instance he is right on the money.

Oh, and would someone else add the "internet rambos" tag in addition to the "sheepdog" tag.
    Hey ********** you! I wasn't the bully, I was the one who beat up the bully for picking on people like you. Neither one of you ********* knows a damn thing about me other than I'm not scared to put up.

If the shtf, it'll be my type that saves your sorry a$$ type when the bombs are falling.

I can have an intelligent debate with someone, but when they resort to insults, THEYVE crossed the line and the only way to teach a punk not to be a punk is to wipe the floor with them.

For your information, I grew up in middle class America in the suburbs not far from the country. Im white, want nothing to do with black culture, which didnt even exist during my younger years where I grew up. I was the long hair with the leather jacket and ripped jeans. See country boys like to scrap for fun when theyre young. Why don't ya'll come on over to Kentucky and I can show ya? No worries, ill even take ya out for a bite to eat and a beer afterwards.

Thanks for the backup JJFlash, nice to know that I'm not the only one here willing to actually be an American male.

I got my badge and nobody can stop me from wearin it!

Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Wow. Boys. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:229117
    Actually I only state the local law in reference to justifiable homicide, not what I would personally do. I prefer to fight, not take someones life, especially over a verbal disagreement. I have no tattoos and I've never heard of affliction. But what I will tell you is that mouth of yours would get your butt kicked where I come from. See that's the difference between us, you'll run your mouth on an internet forum, but I bet when it comes down to it you'd either run or hide behind your gun in real life.

Your wrong B2, I am a peaceful man, but I'm not afraid to step up to the plate and do what has to be done. If that makes me a Rambo wanna be in your eyes, ill wear the mantle proudly.
    A peaceful man?? Yet you ridicule those who walk away from confrontation. So in your eyes it's OK for you to be "peaceful" but not others. What a hoot! And this coming from the guy who said:

...and the demasculinization of the American male has reached critical mass.

What Jarhead was referring to, not very eloquently though, was called standing your ground. You know, what Americans did in a little something called the Revolutionary war or what some of us did for some of you when the schoolyard bully wouldn't stop picking on you.

I had a guy say something to the effect of me hiding behind my gun once, so I asked him if he'd like for me to put it up and we can handle it right quick. He didn't have much to say after that.

Where I came from, if you turned the other cheek, you got punched again. You turned and walked away, you got attacked from behind.

Predators prey on the weak and timid, they fear the strong.

Save your rebuttals, I really don't care.
    And my favorite from "Mr. Peaceful":

In the OP's situation, I could have stopped the car and stepped out, letting them come to me. If there had been one, I could have whipped their butt and they would go to jail if LE showed up. If there had been more than one, I could shoot everyone of them, except the last one (unless he had a weapon, was exceptionally larger, or showed to be a trained fighter), whom I would have to fight.

The criminally minded have many things to fear here.
    And these are hardly the only instances of your "peaceful" attitude. You just can't wait to shoot somebody, can you?? You don't OC because it's more comfortable, to deter crime, or for a faster draw........you do it to show off. You do it just so people will think you're a tough guy...a real badass. Reading your posts, you sound like some sort of 3rd-rate bully. To you, OCing is some sort of macho plumage for a human peacock like you to strut around with.

"Unfettered Might". Ooooooohhhhhhh! You must be a tough guy!!
    Dude...there's wanting peace and there's taking care of business when others do not. Sorry you can't tell the difference.

JJs right, I'm not gonna get the satisfaction of whipping your punk a$$ so I'm gonna walk away from this thread. There, is that peaceful enough for ya?

Dude...there's wanting peace and there's taking care of business when others do not. Sorry you can't tell the difference.

JJs right, I'm not gonna get the satisfaction of whipping your punk a$$ so I'm gonna walk away from this thread. There, is that peaceful enough for ya?
    Is that why you resort to threatening people when you can no longer defend your POV?? Yeah, "peaceful man"...right. You're nothing more than a frustrated bully-wannabe who's probably gotten his butt kicked (repeatedly) and uses the internet to vent his frustration and to soothe his battered ego. Yet another keyboard badass.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast