OCing and CCW Badges - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OCing and CCW Badges

1. Is this really a discussion if you want a badge get 1 In my state your not Impersonating a LEO unless you have something that states your an LEO you may actualy deter a crime if im a security officer with my badge am I joke or a wannabe? I would still have the same power as anyone else I don't OC not interested I don't wear a badge not interested but to each his own

A CC badge is for someone who wants to ride the line on impersonating. a LEO, bottom line.

I OC for ease of access, I promise you I can draw faster than you can from concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    A CC badge is for someone who wants to ride the line on impersonating. a LEO, bottom line.

I OC for ease of access, I promise you I can draw faster than you can from concealment.
    You don't use a CCW Badge for OC, for OC you need either the sheepdog badge or the tactical mall ninja badge.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You don't use a CCW Badge for OC, for OC you need either the sheepdog badge or the tactical mall ninja badge.
    You never told me there were tactical mall ninja badges available. I feel cheated.

Famous last words. This isn't the old west. There is always somebody out there who's better you, or luckier. Do you think you can draw and get a shot off vs somebody who already has their gun pointed at you?? Besides......it's kinda hard to draw if somebody comes up behind you and, without warning, cracks you in the back of the head and takes your piece while you're lying on the ground.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Relax, 50. Not everybody OCs just to show off
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:227191

Famous last words. This isn't the old west. There is always somebody out there who's better you, or luckier. Do you think you can draw and get a shot off vs somebody who already has their gun pointed at you?? Besides......it's kinda hard to draw if somebody comes up behind you and, without warning, cracks you in the back of the head and takes your piece while you're lying on the ground.
    Because CC means they won't be pointing their gun at you or come up behind you to have the upper hand...it only happens to OC...all one time...and no one unarmed or concealing has ever had a gun pointed at them...because bad guys give their unarmed victims a chance to defend themselves...

9. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Famous last words. This isn't the old west. There is always somebody out there who's better you, or luckier. Do you think you can draw and get a shot off vs somebody who already has their gun pointed at you??
    Funny how concealed carry does NOTHING to change those odds....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    how about the star of David?
    Might be too many historical references that wouldn't be positive.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by olsparky View Post
    For Utah the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification states that permit holders should not possess or display badges. This is what was presented to us in Instructor training: "U.C.A. 76-8-512(3) A person is guilty of a class B misdemeanor who: displays or possesses without authority any badge... or a reasonable facsimile... with the intent to induce another to submit to or rely on his pretended official authority..."

If someone wants to wear a badge they should go to the police academy.
    Correct. At the moment, badges can only get you in trouble. If you are caught with one, a nice LEO MIGHT just take it away from you and give you a warning. If you caused trouble with it, it ain't going that easy.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast