OCing and CCW Badges - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 103

Thread: OCing and CCW Badges

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lacey, WA
    Posts
    344
    To go with the CC badge I would get the t-shirt that says "I'm with stupid" (with arrow pointing straight up).

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    To go with the CC badge I would get the t-shirt that says "I'm with stupid" (with arrow pointing straight up).
    You do not need the T-shirt...with a CCW badge everyone already knows that... No offense meant, just can't help but to comment.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    You do not need the T-shirt...with a CCW badge everyone already knows that... No offense meant, just can't help but to comment.
    I don't know.... Florida almost passed open carry, with the condition that the person's firearms permit be clearly displayed along with the gun.... but, then again politician and stupid kinda goes without saying as well.

    The NRA even picked up on it...
    http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...spx?p=SA%20333
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  5. Boy G50 you got a crush on me don't you sweetness? So cute :-)

  6. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Incorrect. Let me clarify: I was asking if OCers that go to a city or state where OCing is prohibited (but CC is legal), would they go ahead and CC but wear the CC badge in order to let people know that they're packing. After all, isn't that one of the primary reasons for OCing - to deter crime by making it known that you're armed??.....The badge acts as a substitute deterrant.
    Then it's basically the same argument as CCWing with a badge minus the OC component. Imo a bad idea that can bring possible grief to the wearer in several ways.
    I also see it as just another way for people who have too much ego invested in carrying a gun to aggrandize themselves.

  7. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    You never told me there were tactical mall ninja badges available. I feel cheated.
    There is even a tactical mall ninja cape too.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Incorrect. Let me clarify: I was asking if OCers that go to a city or state where OCing is prohibited (but CC is legal), would they go ahead and CC but wear the CC badge in order to let people know that they're packing. After all, isn't that one of the primary reasons for OCing - to deter crime by making it known that you're armed??

    Example: John Smith OCs all the time in his home state. One of the reasons he OCs is for what he perceives as a deterrant factor. He's going to Florida where OC is prohibited but his CC permit is honored. Mr. Smith will CC while in Florida and, in lieu of having a visible pistol on his hip to act as a deterrant, he'll wear a concealed carry badge in plain view. His reason for doing this is so that potential BGs will see the badge and, knowing he's armed, walk away.

    Get it? The badge acts as a substitute deterrant.
    To answer your question, NO! Deterring crime by making it known you are armed is NOT one of the primary reasons for open carry. Open carry is for being able to go armed when it is not possible to carry concealed. A distant second reason is to desensitize the general public to the idea of firearms. The ideal scene would not be to have everybody going openly armed but rather to have everybody carrying concealed. That way those who choose not to arm themselves gain the benefit of the criminals' not knowing who is armed and who is not. Open carry means the BG's most successful mode of attack will be the ambush, which tends to negate the benefit of open carry. It's all about strategy.

    Also, the last thing I want to do is add to a responding officer's stress by making him have to decipher the design/colors of a shield. Why make it harder than it has to be? Shield = LEO, period.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    To answer your question, NO! Deterring crime by making it known you are armed is NOT one of the primary reasons for open carry. Open carry is for being able to go armed when it is not possible to carry concealed. A distant second reason is to desensitize the general public to the idea of firearms. The ideal scene would not be to have everybody going openly armed but rather to have everybody carrying concealed. That way those who choose not to arm themselves gain the benefit of the criminals' not knowing who is armed and who is not. Open carry means the BG's most successful mode of attack will be the ambush, which tends to negate the benefit of open carry. It's all about strategy.

    Also, the last thing I want to do is add to a responding officer's stress by making him have to decipher the design/colors of a shield. Why make it harder than it has to be? Shield = LEO, period.
    Spoken like a true concealed carrier! I'm sorry, my friend, MY main reason for open carry is to deter the criminal. Please don't try to tell me or others why I open carry. My reason has NOTHING to do with my lack of ability to conceal carry because I have a CPL and I can conceal my gun anytime I want to.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg:227404
    Open carry means the BG's most successful mode of attack will be the ambush, which tends to negate the benefit of open carry. It's all about strategy.
    Because bad guys only ambush OC...they charge unarmed/CC from 100 yards away screaming you are my next victim...

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Open carry means the BG's most successful mode of attack will be the ambush, which tends to negate the benefit of open carry.
    Interesting... from all of the people I know/talked to who have open carried for years, not a single one of them has been ambushed by any criminals. They must not be OC'ing properly, I guess. Maybe we need to duct tape our guns to our foreheads?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast