OCing and CCW Badges - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OCing and CCW Badges

Own a ranch, owned a lot of horses, you guys are beating most of them to death. Take your saddle (badge) and move on. If you want a badge get it, if you don't want a badge don't get one. If you are in an open carry state have fun, if you are in a CC state Conceal carry have fun. Peace, Love Colt 45.

Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without a major credit card, fanny pack, or sandals, did you lack anything?"

"Nothing," they answered.

And Jesus said, "But now if you have a major credit card, take it, and also a CCW Badge, and if you don't have a CCW Badge, sell your leather jacket and use your major credit card to purchace a CCW Badge from ccw badges.com."

The only bennie I can see to wear a badge would be if...

the shrimp was hitting the fan and you were engaged in a firefight, the LEO MAY be more inclined to assist YOU if they see the badge thinking your one of them. In that case I dont want the LEO to roll up and expect me to drop my gun before the assailant does.

Thats all speculation though. I just use my charm and that takes care of it.

5. I am not a LEO but work with them fairly regularly as off duty officers work security at my employers trade show booths, which I run, and as a firearms instructor. There seems to be a general consensus that LEOs frown heavily on those badges and while not illegal can still get you in uncomfortable situations.
    I fully support open and concealed carry but can't recommend the badges.

I know that all the horses in America are dead, but I couldn't resist. If you don't like the badge, get this instead.
    DSM Safety Products, for Law Enforcement, Concealed Carry Licenses and Security Personnel.
    We now need to start importing some new herds from overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Personally I think the badges are a bit silly. I just want to know how so many OCers can ridicule somebody for displaying something that basically says "I'm carrying a gun" while their (the OCers) actions tell the world the same thing - "look at me, I'm packing". The methods might be different but the intended result seems to be the same.
    Because the badge carriers aren't doing to tell the world they have a gun they're doing it to make the world think they're a cop
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Most people, myself included, who see a badge won't think it's a concealed carry badge, but rather, a law enforcement or security badge. I think if someone wears a CCW badge, it should be someone who open carries. Openly displaying a badge while carrying concealed defeats the purpose of carrying concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Most people, myself included, who see a badge won't think it's a concealed carry badge, but rather, a law enforcement or security badge. I think if someone wears a CCW badge, it should be someone who open carries. Openly displaying a badge while carrying concealed defeats the purpose of carrying concealed.
    Not when you really, really, really want to open carry but state law prohibits it. In that case the badge is the next best thing for those who feel the need to show off but can't by having their pistol displayed openly on their hip.

I went to the gun show in West Palm Beach yesterday. I was pretty disappointed not to see any "badgers" although I did see a couple of vendors selling badges. Fortunately however, my sadness was offset by the large number of Mall Ninjas walking around in their tactical gear. That always brings a smile to my face.

Best t-shirt: "Guns don't kill people. Moms with really cute daughters kill people."
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:227191
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    A CC badge is for someone who wants to ride the line on impersonating. a LEO, bottom line.

I OC for ease of access, I promise you I can draw faster than you can from concealment.
    Famous last words. This isn't the old west. There is always somebody out there who's better you, or luckier. Do you think you can draw and get a shot off vs somebody who already has their gun pointed at you?? Besides......it's kinda hard to draw if somebody comes up behind you and, without warning, cracks you in the back of the head and takes your piece while you're lying on the ground.
    .....comprehension....really is a gift....your seriously lacking it.

I said I can draw faster than YOU (a CC) in any given situation. All of those scenarios are equally relevant to OC or CC and some of which OC would at least give me a better shot at getting off a shot.

Jeez man you've got this thing that's just burned into your skull that OCers will automatically be targeted in any given situation, people are just not as observant as you think they are.

Show the news articles, the proof of this theory that you have postulated that everyday citizens who OC will be targeted, otherwise would you please just shut up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Because the badge carriers aren't doing to tell the world they have a gun they're doing it to make the world think they're a cop
    We don't need no stinkin badges!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast