OCing and CCW Badges - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OCing and CCW Badges

This herd of horses has been dead for so long that all of them have putrefied. The stinch is overpowering.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    .....comprehension....really is a gift....your seriously lacking it.
    The proper word in this case is "you're". I guess we all lack something.

I said I can draw faster than YOU (a CC) in any given situation. All of those scenarios are equally relevant to OC or CC and some of which OC would at least give me a better shot at getting off a shot.
    I'll stand by my original statement - "Famous last words...."

Jeez man you've got this thing that's just burned into your skull that OCers will automatically be targeted in any given situation, people are just not as observant as you think they are.
    I've never said "automatically". As a matter of fact I've said repeatedly that, in most cases, when a BG sees an OCer he'll probably seek an easier target. The problem is that "most cases" and "probably" just isn't good enough. If the BG decides that he's not impressed with the OCers gun, the OCer is out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Show the news articles, the proof of this theory that you have postulated that everyday citizens who OC will be targeted, otherwise would you please just shut up about it.
    Shut up? Why?? As I've said before, no such stats are kept because OCers make up an incredibly small segement of the population. How 'bout if I say that wearing a red shirt will make you immune to robbery since nobody can find a single article or stat that shows somebody being a victim while wearing a red shirt. That makes sense, right?? After all it's the very same logic that you're spouting.

Are you one of the few who find their manhood challenged by anyone who questions the wisdom or motivation of some OCers??? Sounds like you're overcompensating for something.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    This herd of horses has been dead for so long that all of them have putrefied. The stinch is overpowering.
    I think the "beating a dead horse" aspect is a dead horse in itself. There are plenty of other threads on this site....if you or anyone else doesn't like this one then move on.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I think the "beating a dead horse" aspect is a dead horse in itself. There are plenty of other threads on this site....if you or anyone else doesn't like this one then move on.
    But it's so much fun to watch you troll

See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Thank you; I will do just that.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:228870
    .....comprehension....really is a gift....your seriously lacking it.
    The proper word in this case is "you're". I guess we all lack something.

I said I can draw faster than YOU (a CC) in any given situation. All of those scenarios are equally relevant to OC or CC and some of which OC would at least give me a better shot at getting off a shot.
    I'll stand by my original statement - "Famous last words...."

Jeez man you've got this thing that's just burned into your skull that OCers will automatically be targeted in any given situation, people are just not as observant as you think they are.
    I've never said "automatically". As a matter of fact I've said repeatedly that, in most cases, when a BG sees an OCer he'll probably seek an easier target. The problem is that "most cases" and "probably" just isn't good enough. If the BG decides that he's not impressed with the OCers gun, the OCer is out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Show the news articles, the proof of this theory that you have postulated that everyday citizens who OC will be targeted, otherwise would you please just shut up about it.
    Shut up? Why?? As I've said before, no such stats are kept because OCers make up an incredibly small segement of the population. How 'bout if I say that wearing a red shirt will make you immune to robbery since nobody can find a single article or stat that shows somebody being a victim while wearing a red shirt. That makes sense, right?? After all it's the very same logic that you're spouting.

Are you one of the few who find their manhood challenged by anyone who questions the wisdom or motivation of some OCers??? Sounds like you're overcompensating for something.
    Oh my bad, excuse the hell out of the spellcheck on my android phone. I got a distinquished on my writing portfolio, I've an IQ in the top 2% of the population and believe me when I say I have no need to compensate, much less overcompensate.

Are these anti OC threads more to convince others, or are you trying to subconsciously convince yourself? Just leave the subject alone and start a thread about something productive to the gun community, not something to just continue an absolutely pointless debate.

Although in reference to your red shirt analogy, there is a documented case of OCers delaying a robbery at a wafflehouse, but yet no documented case of an OC being targeted, both examples from the same small segment of the population. A relevant and equally relative example no?

Oh my bad, excuse the hell out of the spellcheck on my android phone.
    That's not spelling. It's usage. You either know it or you don't.

I got a distinquished on my writing portfolio, I've an IQ in the top 2% of the population and believe me when I say I have no need to compensate, much less overcompensate.
    This entire passage is one of overcompensation. I must've hit on a touchy subject. Several, it seems.

Are these anti OC threads more to convince others, or are you trying to subconsciously convince yourself? Just leave the subject alone and start a thread about something productive to the gun community, not something to just continue an absolutely pointless debate.
    I've never been anti-OC. I support the right for people to OC. I believe that OC is an excellent option in certain circumstances. I just question the reasons that some people OC.

Although in reference to your red shirt analogy, there is a documented case of OCers delaying a robbery at a wafflehouse, but yet no documented case of an OC being targeted, both examples from the same small segment of the population. A relevant and equally relative example no?
    And there are numerous example of BGs attacking OCers. Police, armed guards, etc. etc. I doubt very much if those BGs would turn tail and run just because you were on the scene. Of course your ego might disagree with me.

Woof woof, sheepdog. Woof woof.

Quote Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
    Everyone knows that the "Star in Circle" is U.S. Marshall, so why not assign a badge style that is NOT currently in use by LEOs of the state? Maybe a five-pointed star (no circle) or seven-pointed star that points downward that does not look anything like the shield that actual LEOs use? It's not a badge of authority but just an identifier. A symbol given to people that have paid in money, training and background checks to prove that they are trustworthy and of good character in a tense and dangerous situation when the police aren't sure which person with the weapon should be trusted.
    How about a large (symbolic, of course) schwantz, with a circle around, captioned: "Uh huh! That's right! We BAD!" LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

10. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post

Boxxy is going right to the top of my constitutional trolls membership list! (sorry localgirl!) ;-)
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Troll.....troll?? You mean "troll" as in fishing or "troll" as in what you're doing with the above-quoted post??

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast