Pre-School meet and greet. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Pre-School meet and greet.

  1. Quote Originally Posted by olsparky View Post
    My brother prefers to OC, and does it almost exclusively. He went to a restaurant and after a few minutes at his table was asked to put his gun in the car because it was upsetting some customers. That restaurant now has a prominent sign posted that says "No Weapons Allowed." There are also two malls that I can no longer carry in because he was approached and made aware of the mall's policy of no weapons. The policies were already in place, but the signs posted were not very easily seen and had to be pointed out to us. That is three locations that I had carried that I am not able to now because of OC.
    How about putting the blame where blame belongs? First, the malls. Are you really trying to kid us? Do you really think we are that gullible? 99% of malls in America have a no firearms policy. So, it's REALLY your brother's fault for open carry that you can't carry in the malls? REALLY? It was OK for you to conceal carry before just because you didn't see the sign... but now it's somehow different? What if your brother had pointed out the sign to you on the way in? "Hey, I know you carry, did you see this sign here?" Come on. Try to be a little bit realistic here.

    And the restaraunt. Yeah, anti-gun sentiment is due to open carry? Really? How about putting the blame where it belongs - for decades the anti-gun groups have been shouting their propaganda from the rooftops and cramming it down the publics' throats and pro-gun people have sat idly by and done nothing about it. Then when the public started listening to the anti-gun crowd, the pro-gun people caved in and accepted the "reasonable regulation" compromise. The problem is the pro-gun people didn't show themselves 60 or 70 years ago and fight for anything. Instead, they allowed the anti-gun steamroller to gain momentum and then found themselves "under the gun" to scrape up what little of their rights they could salvage.

    And now.... OMG.... we are so afraid.... we don't dare show our guns in public because there is going to be such an outcry! It wasn't your brother that caused that restaurant to ban guns. It was the anti-gun bunch that has been "in your face" now for 60 or 70 years. Yet when a few folks start saying, "You know.... maybe it's time we try to project an alternative image. An image that shows it should be perfectly normal and acceptable for an American to carry a gun for self defense." All of a sudden we are the bad guys?!? I'm sorry, I'm not interested in a piece of that pie.

    The ONLY way we are going to change the puclic sentiment is if we SHOW them what normal, everyday carrrying a firearm is really about. They aren't going to see that if the entire pro-gun crowd keeps their heads in the sand and hopes that somehow, something will change on it's own.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. #32
    "99% of malls in America have a no firearms policy."

    "It was OK for you to conceal carry before just because you didn't see the sign... but now it's somehow different? What if your brother had pointed out the sign to you on the way in? "Hey, I know you carry, did you see this sign here?"

    First of all, in Utah most malls don't prohibit guns.

    Secondly, if I was made aware of a policy by anyone, I would respect it.

    You may question my reasoning and completely disagree with my opinion, but please don't question my integrity.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    It was the anti-gun bunch that has been "in your face" now for 60 or 70 years.
    Even longer. Many old west towns banned the carry of firearms as early as the 1860's.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. Quote Originally Posted by olsparky View Post
    First of all, in Utah most malls don't prohibit guns.
    Before you go into a mall next time, go in through a main entrance and off to the side on the wall should be a rules of conduct sign. About half way down buried in the fine print you will find in 99% of malls everywhere is a statement that firearms are prohibited. That is if you really care if they prohibit firearms or not...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by olsparky View Post
    "99% of malls in America have a no firearms policy."

    First of all, in Utah most malls don't prohibit guns.
    In ultra-liberal, as-anti-gun-as-the-state-constitution-allows Portland, Oregon, there is only one mall with a stated no-guns policy. (Of course, it's the one notorious for shootings... <sigh> It's the one that I won't go in without being armed. Which means, since they ban guns, I won't go in.)

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by olsparky View Post
    You may question my reasoning and completely disagree with my opinion, but please don't question my integrity.
    Welcome to the forums, Sparky. Get used to that kind of response but don't let 'em get you down. There's a very small, yet very loud, minority of Internet Nazis on this site who won't tolerate any view that differs from their own. Most of us, myself included, appreciate your input even though we might not always agree.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lacey, WA
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    In ultra-liberal, as-anti-gun-as-the-state-constitution-allows Portland, Oregon, there is only one mall with a stated no-guns policy. (Of course, it's the one notorious for shootings... <sigh> It's the one that I won't go in without being armed. Which means, since they ban guns, I won't go in.)
    OR is an OC state, but a few cities like Portland you can only OC CA style. Ie: unloaded. A mall is private property and as such they can (unfortunately) ban guns. Some have poor wording, and say that "illegal weapons" are prohibited. "Sir you can't have that gun in here!" "Yes I can, it's a legal gun".

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by MIL-SPEC 45 View Post
    What a retarded man you are they let YOU have a permit???!!!!!! WTF!!!!!
    Not sure who you are speaking about in this comment... Perhaps you should rethink why your carry however.

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    How about putting the blame where blame belongs? First, the malls. Are you really trying to kid us? Do you really think we are that gullible? 99% of malls in America have a no firearms policy. So, it's REALLY your brother's fault for open carry that you can't carry in the malls? REALLY? It was OK for you to conceal carry before just because you didn't see the sign... but now it's somehow different? What if your brother had pointed out the sign to you on the way in? "Hey, I know you carry, did you see this sign here?" Come on. Try to be a little bit realistic here.

    And the restaraunt. Yeah, anti-gun sentiment is due to open carry? Really? How about putting the blame where it belongs - for decades the anti-gun groups have been shouting their propaganda from the rooftops and cramming it down the publics' throats and pro-gun people have sat idly by and done nothing about it. Then when the public started listening to the anti-gun crowd, the pro-gun people caved in and accepted the "reasonable regulation" compromise. The problem is the pro-gun people didn't show themselves 60 or 70 years ago and fight for anything. Instead, they allowed the anti-gun steamroller to gain momentum and then found themselves "under the gun" to scrape up what little of their rights they could salvage.

    And now.... OMG.... we are so afraid.... we don't dare show our guns in public because there is going to be such an outcry! It wasn't your brother that caused that restaurant to ban guns. It was the anti-gun bunch that has been "in your face" now for 60 or 70 years. Yet when a few folks start saying, "You know.... maybe it's time we try to project an alternative image. An image that shows it should be perfectly normal and acceptable for an American to carry a gun for self defense." All of a sudden we are the bad guys?!? I'm sorry, I'm not interested in a piece of that pie.

    The ONLY way we are going to change the puclic sentiment is if we SHOW them what normal, everyday carrrying a firearm is really about. They aren't going to see that if the entire pro-gun crowd keeps their heads in the sand and hopes that somehow, something will change on it's own.
    That's why I support the creation of a national holiday, Sheepdog Awareness Day, also known as wear your CCW Badge to work day.

  11. Whenever I go somewhere that I am unsure of how to carry, I carry concealed (as long as it is legal). Same as getting a tattoo, if you are that unsure, don't do it. I don't know what you carry, or the holster you carry, but with all the commotion of kids is there a possiblity of one of them getting a hold of it? Your child may know not to touch guns, but not every kid knows this. That would be an amazing blow to anti-gun believers: kids being gun smart. I say don't do it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast