How many open carry revolvers? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you open carry a revolver?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Revolver

12 46.15%
  • Bottom Feeder (auto)

14 53.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many open carry revolvers?

1. I normally OC my 329PD unless I'm going to be around water, then it's my Glock 23.

I will carry my SP101 about 50% of the time. It is much lighter than my 1911 which I carry the other 50%. They are both carried OWB an sometimes they show.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

I carry a Glock 20 90% of the time, but I own a beautiful S&W Performance Center 629 VComp 3" with sexy wood grips that I sometimes carry (not much, it cost too much to subject it to too much carry abuse). My local gun store guy always laughs when I come in with it. They require pistols be unloaded on entry, so there I am standing at the front door by their unload bucket tipping it up and dropping 6 44 magnum Remington Rangers in my hand and closing the cylinder back up in front of a bunch of Glock Fan Boys. Even though I'm a Glock Fan Boy myself, it is kinda fun some times to poke at them there are plenty of other quality firearms in the world.

Oh yeah, if you're wondering about how it would be to shoot a short barreled .44 magnum with smooth wood grips, first shot hurts, second shot usually rips the skin off the webbing between my thumb and forefinger, third shot usually opens up some blood. To keep up practice I put on a Hogue rubber grip and wear gloves when shooting it. The compensator pattern spews out some massive flash so I put up with some pain to light up the range.

When it comes to open carry it's always my Ruger New Vaquero .357 in it's High Plains Drifter Rig. People don't feel threatened when they see a western gun & rig, it's always wow, that's really nice, cool, looking good,etc., but never anything negative.
    How many open carry revolvers?-eagle-rig-2.jpg
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

Your poll needs another option, like "both." I have a revolver and several semi-auto pistols. I don't exclusively carry either. I split it about 50/50. For nostalgia reasons, I like to carry my Ruger Police Service Six, .357 magnum. It was the first major caliber handgun I owned. It was also what I started packing when I first started working as a security officer. Even now, I sometimes carry it on duty, as well as when I'm off.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Your poll needs another option, like "both." I have a revolver and several semi-auto pistols. I don't exclusively carry either. I split it about 50/50. For nostalgia reasons, I like to carry my Ruger Police Service Six, .357 magnum. It was the first major caliber handgun I owned. It was also what I started packing when I first started working as a security officer. Even now, I sometimes carry it on duty, as well as when I'm off.
    Big Gay Al's Bi-Open Carry techniques?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Big Gay Al's Bi-Open Carry techniques?
    Something like that. I find as I get older, while I still want power, I want something lighter too. Oddly enough, the Ruger .357 magnum is lighter than most of the full size semi-auto pistols I've carried.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    When it comes to open carry it's always my Ruger New Vaquero .357 in it's High Plains Drifter Rig. People don't feel threatened when they see a western gun & rig, it's always wow, that's really nice, cool, looking good,etc., but never anything negative.
    How many open carry revolvers?-eagle-rig-2.jpg
    I like that. I really like the avatar.
    Join Lone Star Citizens Defense League and help us to restore your Constitutional Gun Rights. http://www.lonestarcdl.org/join.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman777 View Post
    I like that. I really like the avatar.
    Thank you, twice.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

11. Lately I have been carrying my new to me s&w 66 no dash in place of my 1911 but there is always a 642 or 042 in a pocket both would have been a nice option for your poll.
    An honest mans pillow is his peace of mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast