Indiana open carry??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Indiana open carry???

  1. Quote Originally Posted by jbmt2005 View Post
    Thank u everyone for replying back to me. I called the police department and they said yes I can open carry. Wonder why they don't say that it can be OC tho in the paper work I received.
    Bacause allowing law abiding citizens to be armed creates problems for politicians on several levels. 1. The politician must maintain the image that the government is protecting and serving the citizen. By allowing the citizen to defend themselves, it erodes the image that the government is protecting them. 2. Some citizens are against other citizens carrying guns. If the politician makes it so that the citizen must conceal their gun, then more problem are solved. Some citizen's are happy because they get to carry their guns, even though they must obtain a permit to do so and hide it (in states like Oklahoma, Texas and Florida for example). The other is happy because of the out-of-sight out-of-mind mentality and because they know that only those citizens who obey the law and whom the state has checked out for them are carrying guns - RJ_Whitlock, for example.

    That's why politicians don't like to tell you that you can openly exercise your privilige the state has afforded you to carry your gun, they would much rather that you hide it.

    Police generally want you to hide your gun as well, to reduce the number of calls they get about that scary man carrying a gun while walking with his dog in his neighborhood, or playing with his kids in the park. So it benefits them to not tell you you can carry open. The only person who loses is Joe Citizen who has jumped through the hoops to get their permission from the government to carry their gun and they may not know all the options they have.

    You have to realize there is only one person who benefits from Joe Citizen being armed - that person is Joe Citizen. Although I suppose you could make the argument that the more citizens in a certain area that are armed, the safer that area becomes as a whole because the criminals are likely to move on to an easier location.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    You mean like New York did when they started this whole "reasonable regulation" B.S.? Do you even know the roots behind pistol permits? In 1911 Big Tim Sullivan pushed through the nation's first pistol permit system. Why? Because he was a mob boss and all his mobster "constituates" were complaining that the immigrant would-be victims were shooting at them when they attempted to commit criminal acts against them. In order to solve the "problem", mob boss Tim Sullivan introduced New York's pistol permit system which is still in existence today. It gave New York state the authority to "reasonably regulate" who could carry a pistol or not. Problem solved. The criminals were already using guns to commit illegal acts, so the new law had no effect on them. What it did was increase the revenue that Big Tim received from his mobster coharts because they could be more effective in their criminal activities because Big Tim now could keep law abiding citizens from carrying guns to protect themselves with.

    Gun control only results in the disarming of the law abiding citizen. It does nothing to disarm the criminal. You say it's to keep people from having guns who should not have them. I say, where exactly is the problem in states like Vermont, Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming, and the other states where open carry is allowed with no permit required? There isn't one, in reality. All gun control and "reasonable regulation" does is cause people like you to feel warm and fuzzy inside that your government is somehow protecting you by keeping guns out of law abiding citizens hands.

    And I didn't even mention all the pistol/carry permit laws designed to disarm minorities in the '20s through the '60s.
    There a specific reason for calling me out? Just because I have different views on firearms don't mean ****. I joined this site to get in contact with other people about what firearms are good for carrying and what have you and give feedback when I think it might be helpful.

    I never said no one can own a gun, and I never said take guns away from law abiding citizens. The point is everybody is here to socialize with other gun owners, not start **** cause you have different views. At the end of the day, if you are OC'ing or CC'ing your took up the right to defend yourself.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

  4. Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Whitlock View Post
    There a specific reason for calling me out? Just because I have different views on firearms don't mean ****. I joined this site to get in contact with other people about what firearms are good for carrying and what have you and give feedback when I think it might be helpful.

    I never said no one can own a gun, and I never said take guns away from law abiding citizens. The point is everybody is here to socialize with other gun owners, not start **** cause you have different views. At the end of the day, if you are OC'ing or CC'ing your took up the right to defend yourself.
    Sounds to me like you want to be the only one to be able to express your opinion...

    Would you like a tissue?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Whitlock View Post
    There a specific reason for calling me out? Just because I have different views on firearms don't mean ****. I joined this site to get in contact with other people about what firearms are good for carrying and what have you and give feedback when I think it might be helpful.

    I never said no one can own a gun, and I never said take guns away from law abiding citizens. The point is everybody is here to socialize with other gun owners, not start **** cause you have different views. At the end of the day, if you are OC'ing or CC'ing your took up the right to defend yourself.
    What exactly is a ****? or are you just trying to get an inapropriate word past the language filter in violation of forum rules? Inquiring minds want to know.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    And I didn't even mention all the pistol/carry permit laws designed to disarm minorities in the '20s through the '60s.
    You mean in states like Alabama?

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Eastern Colorado
    Posts
    269
    If you haven't found it already check out INGO. INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

  8. #17
    big suit coming ,man was asked to leave a zoo here in the state while doing open carry,zoo official and police office asked him to cover it,he refused and was asked to leave.now he has deceided to sue ,he also is challenging not being able to carry in federal building or court house.to me going concealed would be alot less hassle.i hate to see these things come up.draws too much negative att.
    WE THE PEOPLE...

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lacey, WA
    Posts
    344
    I'm kind of torn on this issue. We are required to get trained, tested, and licensed on an automobile. I've scene/met people that shouldn't be driving or handling a weapon. I'm all about 2A rights, but I don't have a problem with a requirement for at least a basic (free) class. Maybe something like the ATV class, I was paid a $100 to take a one day class. I also think the permit/license should be good in all 50 state like my drivers license.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I'm kind of torn on this issue. We are required to get trained, tested, and licensed on an automobile. I've scene/met people that shouldn't be driving or handling a weapon. I'm all about 2A rights, but I don't have a problem with a requirement for at least a basic (free) class. Maybe something like the ATV class, I was paid a $100 to take a one day class. I also think the permit/license should be good in all 50 state like my drivers license.
    Here's the problem with government mandated training. How many politicians are anti-automobile? What kind of outcry would there be if they priced a driver's license out of the range that average Joe Schmoe could afford, or caused the training/exam to be so extensive that only a minority could pass? Now, compare that with the number of anti-gun politicians. How much outcry would there be if there was high fees associated with training and licensing. And, in some states it can cost $200 or $300 for training + permit. Where is the outcry for that? Drowned by the celebratory exclamations of the anti-gun crowd, that's where. If the government is allowed to "reasonably regulate" carrying a firearm, they will "reasonably regulate" the right out of existence - look at New York, California and New Jersey.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by 40 compact View Post
    big suit coming ,man was asked to leave a zoo here in the state while doing open carry,zoo official and police office asked him to cover it,he refused and was asked to leave.now he has deceided to sue ,he also is challenging not being able to carry in federal building or court house.to me going concealed would be alot less hassle.i hate to see these things come up.draws too much negative att.
    How is this negative attention? Sounds pretty positive to me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast