Indiana open carry??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indiana open carry???

Firefighterchen, Have you watch the lib news lately? They will twist it as some homicidal moron or probable pyscho terrorist, white supremist, who wants to carry an AK, 2 sub machine guns, and a rocket launcher, everywhere he goes.

Other than that, it would be positive.

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by Iam2Taz:232254
    Firefighterchen, Have you watch the lib news lately? They will twist it as some homicidal moron or probable pyscho terrorist, white supremist, who wants to carry an AK, 2 sub machine guns, and a rocket launcher, everywhere he goes.

Other than that, it would be positive.
    Lol, everything on the news is negative and depressing

well by the time the media gets done playing it out it always sheds a bad light on guns and their owners.case in point they asked several young mothers with children in tow at the zoo what they thought of it.naturally their responce was negative.made it sound like a crazed man was running around with a gun. i know we have full right to open carry which we should but i think a little discreation sometimes would go along way.
    WE THE PEOPLE...

Quote Originally Posted by 40 compact:232314
    well by the time the media gets done playing it out it always sheds a bad light on guns and their owners.case in point they asked several young mothers with children in tow at the zoo what they thought of it.naturally their responce was negative.made it sound like a crazed man was running around with a gun. i know we have full right to open carry which we should but i think a little discreation sometimes would go along way.
    If this guy wad concealed carrying, but printed when he picked his child up, the news would pull that into negative attention. It doesn't matter how you carry to the news. They will interview hundreds and pull the couple of people that believe it was the scariest moment of their lives...

Bring discrete for the bedwetters, imo, is worsening the situation all gun owners are facing. It drives into the bedwetters minds that guns are bad, and the less they have to see them the safer they are.

hammerhead u the man

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sig1911 View Post
    Interesting that you have to have a license to carry a handgun for personal protection in Indiana. No particular offense intended towards Indiana or its citizens, but why did any American ever agree to such nonsense?
    Try to even BUY a gun in our Nations Capitol I don't know how to link but google "Emily gets her gun."
    Absolutely horrid array of b.s ment to keep guns out of citizens hands.
    An honest mans pillow is his peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    If this guy wad concealed carrying, but printed when he picked his child up, the news would pull that into negative attention. It doesn't matter how you carry to the news. They will interview hundreds and pull the couple of people that believe it was the scariest moment of their lives...

Bring discrete for the bedwetters, imo, is worsening the situation all gun owners are facing. It drives into the bedwetters minds that guns are bad, and the less they have to see them the safer they are.
    The gentleman that is the plaintiff in the suit brought against the City of Evansville was OCing his sidearm while walking around on public property, i.e. a city owned zoo. He was there with his family and had only just arrived and entered the facility when the police were called. The officers then made it a point to badger the gentleman in an attempt to get him to submit to their will, eventually forcing the gentleman to leave.

This suit was brought against the City of Evansville because the actions of the police and zoo employees violates Indiana law, as was enacted against local governments attempting to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens any further than state law. This suit is due to the fact that after the new laws came into effect, there are still local governments that have restrictions still on their books. Most, after understanding the new preemptions and with the help of a friendly reminder that law suits are in the future if they don't change them, have gotten the message and have changed their local ordinances to reflect state law, or remove null restrictions. This killed a lot of local ordinances that could easily make a law abiding citizen a criminal, possibly a felon, however unintentional their actions.

The suit was filed in accordance with the self-same IN law that preempts local firearms restrictions.

There has been another suit filed against the City of Hammond, IN because of their unlawful local firearms restrictions. However, Hammond City Council will NOT remove the ordinances in spite of the law suit, even after repeated attempts by councilors to repeal them after the suit was filed. They refuse to follow state law and would rather A)continue to be stubborn jackasses about it or B)not do their jobs and force the court to do it for them, and lay a court case and settlement on the taxpayers. Baffling, I know.

Bottom line: OC or CC in Indiana is perfectly legal. Police officers cannot force you to follow non-existant carry laws, or their own opinions, lest they put themselves and their employer at risk for litigation. And once you have provided your LTCH to a law enforcement officer upon request, any further inquiry into firearms, especially what you're currently carrying (this includes disarmament, running the numbers, or "for officer safety" arguments) must cease immediately.

Carry on, ladies and gentlemen.
    Remove before flight.

I am also not a fan of any permit/licensing scheme by any state, including Indiana's LTCH system. I, too, wish Constitutional carry was the end-all/be-all as it should be. However, I do have a LTCH and carry under the current state laws as I would rather do so than become a felon and possibly lose my right to carry altogether.

There are ways around it. Carrying a cap and ball pistol is one. Carrying a long gun is another.
    Remove before flight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123