OC' er stops robbery just by being visibly armed. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OC' er stops robbery just by being visibly armed.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I feel as if us OC are always on the defense...not competing.

Where did the story have a sheepdog in it? Im not seeing a sheepdog that is actively going out to bust gangs or protect convenient stores. Just a being in the right place at the right time.
    Yup, you are right. I am guilty of scanning the link's story and NOT carefully reading it. I'll go back and remove the comment...

I read Ed Hurtley's posting and before going back to re-read the linked story I commented mistakenly on Ed's sheepdogging. My bad...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    You mean like you'll get shot first if you don't hide your gun, or one or more criminals will take your gun from you because they want it if you don't hide your gun? I know you can't be referring to making stuff up like that to support a POV.
    LOL its so sad and funny at the same time...

Why do we always end up in the same place with these discussions? It's maddening.

Most of us are reasonable humans. Forget you are a responsible CCer or OCer for a minute. Pretend you're some thug. Are you really going to go pick a fight with someone because he's wearing a pistol? Really? Even being around guns my whole life, seeing one out in public, on a cop or even a mere mortal, always sends the tiniest "danger" message to my brain.

The only people I can see being provoked into attacking an OCer are gangstas looking for trouble anyway, or black-clad ninjitsu-like international jewel thieves who have been planning a million-dollar heist using high-dollar tactical equipment they have been training with for the past eighteen months and who are not going to let Joe Opencarry ruin their perfect getaway.

And don't even throw around the "element of surprise" discussion. The only person who is ever surprised in these situations is YOU. SURPRISE you've got to shoot some dirtbag today, and dammit, you had other, more important things on your agenda. And you know what? You're going to get the job done if you're open carrying, concealed carrying, or carrying a friggin sack of potatoes.

The debate on OC and CC will no doubt go on forever. Oklahoma is now going through the motions once again to make it an OC state. BRAVO! I have NO problem with OC. I just prefer to CC. But you may bet your life on one thing for sure, If I am there, CC or OC, you will have my backup if the semi solid body waste hits the rotating air circulating equipment! We are all out for the same goal......TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY FROM THE BG'S, STOP THE GANG BANG INTIMIDATION AND VIOLENCE. I hope everyone shares this opinion. Makes me think of our government offices....aren't we all supposed to be FOR America????????

More CC judge, jury, executioner mentality. I'm glad most CC only people here have more sense than that.
    That's what we call being a sheepdog.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:231795
    That's what we call being a sheepdog.
    True enough...lucky this situation didn't involve CCC

True enough...lucky this situation didn't involve CCC
    CCC? Would that be a Concealed Carry Cape?

Quote Originally Posted by ccc:231467
    too bad it wasn't a CC'er or we'd have some dead robbers who wouldn't be committing any more. That and a **** load of saving $$$ by not having to prosecute/imprison the dirtbags
    Lol no 50...well maybe...but this is ccc for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by ccc View Post
    too bad it wasn't a CC'er or we'd have some dead robbers who wouldn't be committing any more. That and a **** load of saving $$$ by not having to prosecute/imprison the dirtbags
    TROLL TROLL TROLL

(One post as of this writing.)
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    TROLL TROLL TROLL

(One post as of this writing.)
    Quick, take away his CCW Badge while he isn't looking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast