OC' er stops robbery just by being visibly armed. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: OC' er stops robbery just by being visibly armed.

  1. #21
    No argument on OC or CC from me.....it's all about firearms freedom! OC is not an option in the PRMA.....but if I could, I would. Until that day comes, I'll be content with CC. I love going to NH and VT....I get to OC there.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcc:233882
    No argument on OC or CC from me.....it's all about firearms freedom! OC is not an option in the PRMA.....but if I could, I would. Until that day comes, I'll be content with CC. I love going to NH and VT....I get to OC there.
    Non residents can OC with no permit in KY too. Just an FYI if youre ever passing through.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carlin, NV
    Posts
    209
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 50SR9 View Post
    The debate on OC and CC will no doubt go on forever.
    Now there's the truth of it. When I originally started working on getting my permit, my first thought was it doesnt matter if I OC or CC, we are all one in this community. Its almost interesting on how human nature has taken us from "we are here for self defense" to the "my way is better than yours" mentality. Even though, it is a good argument to have because:

    1. Ignorance is bliss (and Im so very guilty of this one!!)

    2. It reminds me that I need more practice and training.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Why do we always end up in the same place with these discussions? It's maddening.

    Most of us are reasonable humans. Forget you are a responsible CCer or OCer for a minute. Pretend you're some thug. Are you really going to go pick a fight with someone because he's wearing a pistol? Really? Even being around guns my whole life, seeing one out in public, on a cop or even a mere mortal, always sends the tiniest "danger" message to my brain.

    The only people I can see being provoked into attacking an OCer are gangstas looking for trouble anyway, or black-clad ninjitsu-like international jewel thieves who have been planning a million-dollar heist using high-dollar tactical equipment they have been training with for the past eighteen months and who are not going to let Joe Opencarry ruin their perfect getaway.

    And don't even throw around the "element of surprise" discussion. The only person who is ever surprised in these situations is YOU. SURPRISE you've got to shoot some dirtbag today, and dammit, you had other, more important things on your agenda. And you know what? You're going to get the job done if you're open carrying, concealed carrying, or carrying a friggin sack of potatoes.
    .... and it takes "localgirl" to boil down all the crap to a logical, well considered statement of probable outcomes. WELL done!

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny:242128
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Why do we always end up in the same place with these discussions? It's maddening.

    Most of us are reasonable humans. Forget you are a responsible CCer or OCer for a minute. Pretend you're some thug. Are you really going to go pick a fight with someone because he's wearing a pistol? Really? Even being around guns my whole life, seeing one out in public, on a cop or even a mere mortal, always sends the tiniest "danger" message to my brain.

    The only people I can see being provoked into attacking an OCer are gangstas looking for trouble anyway, or black-clad ninjitsu-like international jewel thieves who have been planning a million-dollar heist using high-dollar tactical equipment they have been training with for the past eighteen months and who are not going to let Joe Opencarry ruin their perfect getaway.

    And don't even throw around the "element of surprise" discussion. The only person who is ever surprised in these situations is YOU. SURPRISE you've got to shoot some dirtbag today, and dammit, you had other, more important things on your agenda. And you know what? You're going to get the job done if you're open carrying, concealed carrying, or carrying a friggin sack of potatoes.
    .... and it takes "localgirl" to boil down all the crap to a logical, well considered statement of probable outcomes. WELL done!

    GG
    Im pretty sure Navy, Al, and I have said that repeatedly. The problem is the main proponent to us three is in the type of black clad ninjitsu gang that wants to attack open carriers and from his first hand experience (aka his uncommon sense) will keep telling people it causes more problems (upsets the public, upsets LEO's, targeted first, targeted because of the gun, deterrence value, element of suprise) which are not true. It wasn't too long ago when I trolled with an "element of surprise" post and Localgirl posted a SUPRISE message that SUPRISED a lot of people (not sure if everyone will understand my reference...but they can go find it if they want). I am not sure when she decided to change her mind, but I think she changed it for the better. We are the only ones that will be surprised in an attack, but we will do everything we can to stop it, even if we are naked holding a sack of potatoes. I said this earlier, the only surprise the attacker is going to get is that he didn't pick a victim, and you do not have to be armed to do that.

    From what I see, most proponents to gun rights don't hate guns solely because "they are evil," but because they are completely ill informed of what, how, when, and why firearms are used. For instance, I have a coworker that just bought an XD9. I asked him, "why did you choose the 9mm?" Not to spark a debate between calibers, because there are great reasons to get a 9mm. His first response, "Because it shoots farther." He didn't come up with this conclusion on his own, it was another gun owner that told him that. What Navy, Al, and I are trying to accomplish is stopping/correcting the ill information that is being passed around. How will it ever stop if there aren't people like us? I know you have stated you have banged your head against that wall long enough, and I am glad you were banging that stupid wall before. Now its my turn to bang my head against that stupid wall and hope that maybe you cracked it and I can tear it down. Or maybe I will crack it, and someone after will tear it down. But we cant stop, we have to be like a river, and be persistant, because there is a big friggen dam in our way now (thanks Gov! SARCASM) and we are slowly tearing it down.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    .... and it takes "localgirl" to boil down all the crap to a logical, well considered statement of probable outcomes. WELL done!

    GG
    Aw, shucks. (blushing)

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Where did the story have a sheepdog in it? Im not seeing a sheepdog that is actively going out to bust gangs or protect convenient stores. Just a being in the right place at the right time.
    Don't know about you, but if I were suddenly thrust into a robbery situation, I'd rather doubt I would consider it being in the right place at the right time. The exact opposite, in fact.

    Is THAT the difference between Sheepdogs and non-Sheepdogs? Situational "attitude"?

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny:242700
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Where did the story have a sheepdog in it? Im not seeing a sheepdog that is actively going out to bust gangs or protect convenient stores. Just a being in the right place at the right time.
    Don't know about you, but if I were suddenly thrust into a robbery situation, I'd rather doubt I would consider it being in the right place at the right time. The exact opposite, in fact.

    Is THAT the difference between Sheepdogs and non-Sheepdogs? Situational "attitude"?

    GG
    I agree if it was during the actual event of the robbery I wouldn't consider it that either. Attitude definitely plays a big role in sheepdogs...I am just wondering why being a sheepdog is so bad. Is it bad for someone to make the decision that they do not want to see people suffer, and that they have to get involved, whether it is a medical emergency, a car crash, a fire, a robbery, a rape?

  10. #29
    Well..... you might have a point there. Someone who doesn't have the common sence enough to know to stay out of other people's wars just MIGHT be of some use..... Maybe to draw the BG's fire long enough to allow the original victim to "bag it" the hell outta there!

    Leaving the "hero" as the fall guy, or, at least, the current "target". I'm sure someone will speak highly of you in your eulogy.

    Arf. Arf! Said Sandy! (LOL!)

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  11. #30
    As for people "suffering".... I have seen it all my life. You know what? For 99.9% of it, there wasn't/isn't a single, solitary thing I, personally, could do about it.

    After a while you learn not to fret about it needlessly. It's there. It exists. That is knowledge enough. STILL ain't a thing you can do about it. That is wisdom enough.

    You keep your sanity any way you can.

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast