OC' er stops robbery just by being visibly armed. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OC' er stops robbery just by being visibly armed.

Do you believe police, firefighters, paramedics, the group of people that just saw a car crash and pulled the mother and 2 sons out have no common sense or any purpose since 99.9% of the time there is nothing that could help? I know I am not as old as you are, but in my life, 99.9% of the time there is something that can help. Maybe that's another way of looking at it, sheepdogs feel there is hope left, and those that do not like sheepdogs feel there is no hope left.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:242713
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny:242700
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Where did the story have a sheepdog in it? Im not seeing a sheepdog that is actively going out to bust gangs or protect convenient stores. Just a being in the right place at the right time.
    Don't know about you, but if I were suddenly thrust into a robbery situation, I'd rather doubt I would consider it being in the right place at the right time. The exact opposite, in fact.

Is THAT the difference between Sheepdogs and non-Sheepdogs? Situational "attitude"?

GG
    I agree if it was during the actual event of the robbery I wouldn't consider it that either. Attitude definitely plays a big role in sheepdogs...I am just wondering why being a sheepdog is so bad. Is it bad for someone to make the decision that they do not want to see people suffer, and that they have to get involved, whether it is a medical emergency, a car crash, a fire, a robbery, a rape?
    There's nothing wrong with sheepdogs. Police, EMTs, firefighters, the military, they are all sheepdogs. If a civilian off the street runs into a burning building to rescue a child, or one holds compression on a bleeding wound of an unconscious persion until paramedics arrive, they are touted as a hero. But if they use a firearm to prevent a murder or robbery, some here would chastise them for their actions and in my opinion, the ones doing the chastising are cowards and look for any reason to belittle that person for their bravery, so they themselves don't have to accept that they, in fact, are cowards.

OK, we have evolved from armed BG thwarting (object of discussion) to general response by PAID sheepdogs in society.

I believe I am going to call "foul" on that one. We all know the value and the courage of "first responders". Let it be.

My point of discussion is and was centered on a personal response to someone else's "war" involving BGs in a bodily harm mode. There are two "types" of sheepdogs ready and able to handle this sort of "trouble", LEOs and Military. I will more than cheerfully "call them in" to save the day.

As for the rest of it..... I'd rather think my wife would be ticked as hell if a made her a widow by trying to be a "hero". That..... and my "Batman" suit doesn't fit as well as it used to! LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

The majority of fire fighters are volunteer. By a large margin. We know there aren't enough police to protect everyone all the time. My wife would be sad if she became a widow when I was trying to help, but that is still a part of my character she fell in love with. Whether it's dying on the job or helping someone off duty, I can say my life has been fulfilling because I made a difference. Like you said, we all need to find ways to keep our sanity, this is my way, helping people. No Batman costume needed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234