how many people nationwide do you think carry a firearm legally? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how many people nationwide do you think carry a firearm legally?

1. I live in medford Oregon and judging by all the people I see at the chl classes and buying guns from sportsmans warehouse ( I go there a lot just to window shop ) I would agree with the 50% gun owners in Oregon, yet I've only seen 1 person OC. I bought an OWB holster for those times I don't feel like having to tuck my piece away but I've yet to use it.

15.68 people roughly...

The .68...ya don't worry about him...he can take care of what's left of him....

I've definitely seen more open carriers in the backwoods and in small towns than the larger cities (that would be none, to date).

I open carry all the time i live in south east idaho and travel to salt lake city and open carry there. Never had a problem been oc' ing for over a year.

6. Legal or Illegal

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Just returned from a trip to Sedona, saw several folk about 6 open carrying. Me also.
    Wow, for a moment I thought you were talking about Sedona, Arizona. The most ultra-"new age" hippy town on the planet. Being rural Arizona, seeing ONE person open carrying wouldn't surprise me too badly, but six would feel astounding. (Unless of course they were one group.)

Holy crap, Nav! I have always used 50% of population, roughly, as a ball park figure for kids versus adults in this Country.

Has the population skewed as badly as that? Must be.

Note to self: new "ball park" figure... 2/3 rds adult, 1/3 rd kids.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

9. Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Holy crap, Nav! I have always used 50% of population, roughly, as a ball park figure for kids versus adults in this Country.
    That's only when you are trying to enjoy a nice, quiet dinner in a restaurant.... then the children to adults ration is usually AT LEAST 50/50!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

10. According to the CIA World Fact Book, the median age in the US is 36.8 years. 20.2% are age 14 or under, 12.8% are age 65 or older. Leaving 67% in "standard adulthood" of 15-64.

11. Apparently something like 26% of Americans support a complete ban on handgun possession (except for police and "other authorized persons"), at least according to the latest Gallup poll. Also, this is apparently a record low... (See Record-Low 26% in U.S. Favor Handgun Ban)

Of course, those Gallup polls are probably extremely biased, but whatever the case, I was still surprised at how high that number is. I guess a lot of people live in NYC...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast