Open carry experience... - Page 11
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry experience...

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Thank you for supporting my free speech. I also will defend people's rights to speak their mind here, so long as it's in the spirit of 1A and not spewing hate, etc. (Fortunately that doesn't really happen here unlike some other sites)

Go back to the beginning and look at my posts. In terms of legality, I've always been pro-OC. That's a fact and it's in writing on these boards. I've never called anyone stupid for OCing although I have questioned the motives of some people for doing so. I've stated that, while OC may have certain advantages vs CC, it also has some (IMO) serious disadvantages and as a result it isn't for me in most cases. And when asked "why", my responses have been met with insults, ridicule, and accusations. I have and will continue to defend my reasonings, especially against those who try to shout me (us) down. You have done the same on these boards and I would expect nothing less.

Do I needle some people on this site?? Yup. And there are plenty of other people who do the same, including some that you've allied yourself with. Does your critical gaze reach out to them as well or, like Pax, does it only apply to those who you disagree with?? No negative comments when your "friends" on this site post disparaging pictures, videos, etc. in response to someones post??? Or maybe when they do it it's funny but if someone with a different POV does it it's trolling. Perhaps you've had an epiphany and have recently decided to strike a blow against all such things on these boards and I'm merely the first you've chosen to go after. If that's the case then I earerly await your responses to the others who're "guilty" like me. No matter either way.....there are people who mock me on these boards and I really don't mind. In some cases I find it humorous.

So Mr. M&P......please try to make sure that both lenses of the glasses you view the world through are crystal clear. Thanks.
    I'm in no way trying to paint you as the only person who eggs people on, if you took the above posting that way I'm sorry. When Open Carry first started to get posted on here I read all of the posts. But then a few people kinda hijacked any and all OC threads. You and Navy seem like to play "who has the bigger stick" and 50 for whatever reason can not help but egg it on more. I will not say that I'm not entertained with the postings you two come up with.

I'm also in no way trying to suggest that you not defend yourself or your view points! Nor am I suggesting you should not make the preemptive first strike. You have just as much right to defend yourself and viewpoints from attacks, as you do with a firearm.

Just because I sometimes like peoples view points does not mean I always see eye to eye with everything they say or do.

As for the trolling, having a different POV does not make anyone a troll in my book! But when they come on the forums with that POV and have one goal(start fights,egg people on etc..) Then in my book that makes them a troll, but most of the true trolls find themselves banned before they hit reply.

In closing I;m in noway suggesting your the soul cause of dream,Just about every member on the forum is guilty of name calling or causing dream(MYSELF INCLUDED!)

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I've stated that, while OC may have certain advantages vs CC, it also has some (IMO) serious disadvantages and as a result it isn't for me in most cases. And when asked "why", my responses have been met with insults, ridicule, and accusations.
    And some have asked for real world examples of your theories actually happening.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:236041

And some have asked for real world examples of your theories actually happening.
    Can you point me to the posts where people have provided real world examples that proved his theories wrong?

Isn't the lack of any real world examples of open carriers being targeted prove it doesn't happen?

sounds like global warming when it first came out...

I say the world is globally warming, I won't provide proof...there is no evidence saying i'm wrong,, therefore i'm right. I don't think it works like that.

Anyone know the details of this OCer being attacked?

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1982974.shtml?cat=500#

Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill:236089

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1982974.shtml?cat=500#
    The DEA agent had video evidence he was going to rob the place...

It had nothing to do with a mentality disturbed person at all.

I'm glad I don't live there, I can't think of any restaurant or diner that doesn't sell alcohol.

8. Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill View Post

Customer attacked at Garcia's restaurant | KOB.com
    Yep. The guy was illegally carrying a gun.

Here's another one:
    http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/95999354.html

Of course there is nothing to distinguish it from any other armed robbery and was just as likely to have happened to a person not carrying a gun (concealed carry was completely illegal in Wisconsin, then).
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

OMG!!! WHO CARES!!!

It's male bovine excrement like this thread has degenerated to that is the main reason I don't come to this board much anymore. I used to "check in" two or three times daily. Now, its once or twice a week, and I'm getting to the point where I am losing interest in coming THAT often.

Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill View Post

Customer attacked at Garcia's restaurant | KOB.com
    Looks like he got assaulted by some whacko pretending to be a cop. Of course if he'd been CCing then this wouldn't have happened. Looks like the whacko wasn't at all deterred or intimidated by the OCers pistol. Good example although the OC crew will find some way to pooh-pooh it just as they did when another example was posted earlier. It illustates perfectly the disadvantage of OCing. I believe the odds of this kind of stuff happening (i.e. the open pistol creating the problem) are greater than the odds of me needing to defend myself with the pistol in the first place.

What the dedicated OCers on this site refuse to acknowledge is that they (and OCers in general) make up such a miniscule segment of the population that no stats are kept on the subject. I'm 47 yrs old, been a gun enthusiast since childhood, spent a lot of time in OC-friendly states, and only once have I ever seen somebody OCing outside of a hunting area or firearm event. One time. In other words, while the odds of any given individual being involved in an "incident" are quite slim, the odds of that individual being an OCer are even slimmer simply because there are so few OCers out there in the first place. It stands to reason that if there were more OCers in this country - say, a million on an average day, there would be far more incidents like the one you noted above. But that's just me using clear-cut logic.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

11. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    But that's just me using clear-cut logic.
    Let's say there are 10,000 open carriers out there nationwide. Probably a conservative number. We have 2 cases of open carriers being attacked or robbed. 2 out of 10,000. That's .02%. Which leaves 99.98% unmolested by criminals. And that is not even taking into account the amount of time that goes by between attacks.

If the number jumps to 100,000 open carriers out there nationwide, then probably 20 will be attacked or robbed. That's .02%. Which leaves 99.98% unmolested by criminals.

Even if there are only 1,000 open carriers out there. Now the percentages jump to .2% attacked or robbed and 99.8% left alone.

When the majority of criminals say that they will be deterred by the fact that they know a potential victim has a gun, and given the fact that during most defensive uses of a firearm no shots are fired, the mere sight of the gun scares them away... then the odds seem to be stacked incredibly in favor of the open carrier.

Just using some logic there....

Now if we could just get the percentage of open carriers who are unlawfully detained and harassed by cops down to the same percentage as are attacked by criminals, we would be doing good.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast