Open carry experience... - Page 15
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry experience...

My homeotwn has been named the homicide capital of New York. I would invite the OC pundits to walk two blocks down Lander Street with an exposed gun. Put your theories to the test.

Can FBI Agent James Gagliano Make Newburgh Safe? -- New York Magazine
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

3. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    My homeotwn has been named the homicide capital of New York. I would invite the OC pundits to walk two blocks down Lander Street with an exposed gun. Put your theories to the test.
    And exactly WHY does that have ANY bearing at all on open carry in Seattle, Washington? It sounds like you are attempting to apply the situation in your hometown universally to everywhere. Each person must decide for themselves what is best for them. I must take exception to applying anything universally. Notice in my posts I say that open carry will deter the MAJORITY of criminals if they see the gun. Not ALL. Nothing is universal and nothing is 100%.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    And exactly WHY does that have ANY bearing at all on open carry in Seattle, Washington? It sounds like you are attempting to apply the situation in your hometown universally to everywhere. Each person must decide for themselves what is best for them. I must take exception to applying anything universally. Notice in my posts I say that open carry will deter the MAJORITY of criminals if they see the gun. Not ALL. Nothing is universal and nothing is 100%.
    Understood. But how many of these extremely violent places exist inside our cities? I think a ghetto walk will answer the question that is on many peoples minds.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:236707

The best gun fight is the one you aren't in by not being in terrible places to begin with. Sorry, but I will never go to NYC by choice, just like I will never go to Chicago, Ohio, Mexico, etc. Sorry your hometown is horrible, hope your family got out of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill:236687
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:236644
    Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill:236605
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Sigh what a lack of common sense, or should I say common sense "EPIC FAIL"....since you still can't tell, I will accommodate you and put *sarcasm* in so you don't get confused.

The DEA agent had video evidence he was going to rob the place... *SARCASM*

It had nothing to do with menonlly disturbed person at all... *SARCASM*

I can't believe you didn't get that...did you really think someone could read your article and seriously think Torres was a DEA agent?

I don't remember ever calling you names...so I am practicing what I'm preaching.

To be fair, I didn't even read your second article, since I figured you snipped out the important part, and my original post you quoted was from your first article anyways. I find the 2nd article interesting that it didn't include his victim was an open carrier...so was it the gun or the robbery that set off his violence?

Edit: And no I do not need a pop up book...does your mother need to put soap in your mouth?
    Sorry I must have forgotten to download my ninja hidden meaning fonts and my psychic powers are on the fritz.
    Or your writing skills match your reading comprehension.
    And that's the ball game ladies and gents. Apparently he has nothing else to say except ninja jokes...it seems only gmr and b2 had trouble understanding my post, so I'm not too worried about my reading or writing. Good night folks, drive home safely.
    So you are gonna take your toys and go home when you get called in the carpet because you're posts are crap. Too bad. see ya.
    To answer your general question, no I will not be going home just because the other team decided to resort to insults and jokes. Didn't work for b2, won't work for you. :-) Call my posts anything you want, it's not my issue you couldn't realize sarcasm without it being bold and underlined.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:236714
    Understood. But how many of these extremely violent places exist inside our cities? I think a ghetto walk will answer the question that is on many peoples minds.
    Wouldn't the question be, how many of these extremely violent places do we visit? Not that violent places exist? If you know the area you are going to is violent, why did you choose to go there?

Maybe that's why they have problems in NY, since the gun laws only apply to law abiding citizens. Here is a quote from another site about OC. The poster has about 700 posts, so I don't think he is a troll.
    Spoke with a Convicted Fellon Saturday about OC

"I ran into a kid at the carwash this past Saturday, I remember him and his brother from church when they were ankle-biters. Sadly both this guy and his brother ended up doing time in the state pokey (His brother is actually back in) while he has turned his life around. He recognized me and came up to start chatting- saw my sidearm and asked what I was carrying these days. Spent a few minutes talking about my firearm and he says, "you know, guys like my brother fear people like you."

I said, "armed people?"

He said, "no, armed people who don't bother covering it up."

I asked, "Why not just regular armed people?"

He said, "can't tell who is strapped and who isn't. Someone carrying concealed looks just like everyone else. See, when guys like him case a joint, they make sure that everything is in place. As soon as they see someone with a piece hangin' off their belt it messes with their rhythm. That throws them off and makes them shaky."

Then he said something that has stuck with me since, "my brother said it took him almost a week to get the picture of a guy with a gun out of his mind before he got the nerve up to go rob another store. It really freaked him out because it reminded him that there were people out there with guns that could shoot back."

I said (in my most sarcastic voice), "you can't tell me a hardened criminal is actually scared of a private citizen with a handgun."

His answer? "Thugs ain't no heroes... too lazy and it takes a lot of energy to get nerve up to go somewhere and do it. If you mess with that flow they gotta wait until they get jacked up enough to do it again. Could take a few minutes or a few days, but they won't go back to where they know somebody's packin'"

Thought provoking conversation. I just hope this kid has learned his lesson and stays out of trouble."

8. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    His answer? "Thugs ain't no heroes... too lazy and it takes a lot of energy to get nerve up to go somewhere and do it. If you mess with that flow they gotta wait until they get jacked up enough to do it again. Could take a few minutes or a few days, but they won't go back to where they know somebody's packin'"

Thought provoking conversation. I just hope this kid has learned his lesson and stays out of trouble."
    Come on, tell us what he really said..."We just gonna' bust a cap in his a$$ and be done with it. Or we gonna get our other peeps together and ambush the BEEP BEEP and take his iron from him and beat him with it."
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Come on, tell us what he really said..."We just gonna' bust a cap in his a$$ and be done with it. Or we gonna get our other peeps together and ambush the BEEP BEEP and take his iron from him and beat him with it."
    Hey NavyLCDR, is this another "Let's bash OC" discusion by the anti-OC trolls?

10. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Maybe that's why they have problems in NY, since the gun laws only apply to law abiding citizens.
    That is the exact reason the New York state permit came into existence in the first place. In 1911, Big Tim Sullivan, a New York senator, pushed through a requirement for citizens to obtain a permit from a judge in order to lawfully possess/carry a handgun. The reason was because Big Tim also happened to be mob boss and his "constituents" were complaining to him that their intended victims, especially immigrants, were shooting back at them too often. So, Big Tim enacted the "discretionary issue" permit system so that the law abiding citizen who chose to obey the law would remain unarmed simply by being denied the permit by a judge, also being paid by Big Tim and his "constituents".

Easier targets meant more payoffs to Big Tim and his corrupt political associates.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:236721
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1:236707

The best gun fight is the one you aren't in by not being in terrible places to begin with. Sorry, but I will never go to NYC by choice, just like I will never go to Chicago, Ohio, Mexico, etc. Sorry your hometown is horrible, hope your family got out of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill:236687
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:236644
    Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill:236605
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Sigh what a lack of common sense, or should I say common sense "EPIC FAIL"....since you still can't tell, I will accommodate you and put *sarcasm* in so you don't get confused.

The DEA agent had video evidence he was going to rob the place... *SARCASM*

It had nothing to do with menonlly disturbed person at all... *SARCASM*

I can't believe you didn't get that...did you really think someone could read your article and seriously think Torres was a DEA agent?

I don't remember ever calling you names...so I am practicing what I'm preaching.

To be fair, I didn't even read your second article, since I figured you snipped out the important part, and my original post you quoted was from your first article anyways. I find the 2nd article interesting that it didn't include his victim was an open carrier...so was it the gun or the robbery that set off his violence?

Edit: And no I do not need a pop up book...does your mother need to put soap in your mouth?
    Sorry I must have forgotten to download my ninja hidden meaning fonts and my psychic powers are on the fritz.
    Or your writing skills match your reading comprehension.
    And that's the ball game ladies and gents. Apparently he has nothing else to say except ninja jokes...it seems only gmr and b2 had trouble understanding my post, so I'm not too worried about my reading or writing. Good night folks, drive home safely.
    So you are gonna take your toys and go home when you get called in the carpet because you're posts are crap. Too bad. see ya.
    To answer your general question, no I will not be going home just because the other team decided to resort to insults and jokes. Didn't work for b2, won't work for you. :-) Call my posts anything you want, it's not my issue you couldn't realize sarcasm without it being bold and underlined.
    um couldn't you see the sarcasm in my post? *SARCASM* there that better? LOL

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast