Open carry experience... - Page 17
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Open carry experience...

1. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    These ghetto rats repeatedly try to take guns right off a LEO hip. K9's, cops, firemen and EMT's are all regularly beat down.

and that no one will ever (or has ever) been robbed of their gun. Yet it happens regularly in this city to cops.
    And yet the cops still insist on open carrying. BAD COP, NO DOUGHNUT.

Seriously, why do the cops open carry if it causes them such problems?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    The description of the kind of bad guy you are using as an example does not work. It does not work because open or concealed, he will choose you, because he is violent to anyone and everyone. Would you ask a concealed carrier to walk down that same street, at night, alone?

In area's you are speaking of, do police patrol alone? In cars? Do they get their guns grabbed randomly or after an arrest has begun?

The problem I have with this argument is the hood that you are describing account for 1% of society, what do you think? Bad parts of Chicago, New York, Los Angeles (California in general), Florida (since that's where b2's gang hangs out). There is no hood like that in the last 5 towns i've lived in (Eugene, springfield, lake oswego, clackamas OR, Tri Cities, WA) bad parts yes, but not like you described. Sure, you spend most of you're time in that 1%, but the rest of us will never go into that area. I agree OC doesn't work 100% of the places in the US, but it's going to work at least 95% of the places.

As far as testing our theories, I do it every day I carry, and i've been right so far. Let's see how many concealed carriers want to walk through a true hood to put their surprise theory to the test.
    You may walk down some of these streets without having any problem. The locals are selling dope and won't attack customers. When an exposed gun is involved the rules change. They don't want your dope money, they have a bigger prize. I walk through all the time and no one bothers me. But I would not invite them by showing a gun. I know this hood and I wouldn't make it unscathed with an exposed firearm.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    And yet the cops still insist on open carrying. BAD COP, NO DOUGHNUT.

Seriously, why do the cops open carry if it causes them such problems?
    Navy, that argument doesn't hold up. They're patrol cops. It does, however show how little fear there is about their victim having a gun and how brazen they are.

I'm telling you flat out that you will not survive the "open-carry walk" through most of Americas ghettos. Your previous threads on this subject indicate that you believe no one has ever been attacked for their gun. You say the sight of your gun is a deterrent. I'm telling this is a level of violence that I don't think you have experience with. I'm telling anyone who believes this to put their theory to the test and let us know through first-hand experience. While some criminals may see a gun and think to halt their plans, ghetto rats will absolutely be drawn to the attack.

That being said, I've repeatedly stated support for OC when appropriate.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    You may walk down some of these streets without having any problem. The locals are selling dope and won't attack customers. When an exposed gun is involved the rules change. They don't want your dope money, they have a bigger prize. I walk through all the time and no one bothers me. But I would not invite them by showing a gun. I know this hood and I wouldn't make it unscathed with an exposed firearm.
    Saw you walking out on Sentimental Street
    What cha going out there
    Who ya trying to be
    I know what you're thinking
    Cause I've been there myself
    I've been kicked so many times
    I don't know nothing else
    Still I noticed your urgency
    I recognized the flair
    That ya got from chasing
    All those East coast dares
    I've seen it before
    It happens time and again
    All cut up inside
    Yet you're caught in a spin

Out on Sentimental Street in the avenues
    Take a good hard look
    There ain't nothing ever new
    Will you ever find out
    Guess I'll leave it up to you

Saw you dancing out at Madame Wong's Two
    You did those same two steps
    That I taught you back in June
    Heard you dined last night
    At Conte Razor's Cafe
    Did you get your fill
    Did you think you had to pay
    Still I noticed your urgency
    And recognized the pain
    And I'm sure it's the same
    You feel again and again
    And I wish I could get us
    That second chance
    But you're having too much fun
    With your sudden romance

Take a good hard look
    There ain't nothing ever new
    Will you ever find us
    Guess I'll leave it up to you
    (Repeat)

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:237158

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:236960

This reply is really directed at some posters here who are of the mindset that they can OC anywhere and that no one will ever (or has ever) been robbed of their gun. Yet it happens regularly in this city to cops. But, I guess if it's not in the newspaper it never happens (this city no longer has a newspaper). Those who believe this haven't spent much time in the hood. Some of these people will kill you for no other reason than a thought passing through their mind, pure entertainment value. Anything goes in the hood. Nothing is sacred. No one is afraid of you or your exposed gun. They're laughing at it. They're wild animals who have been raised in this environment and view violence as the norm. They live with death and destruction every day and don't give a damn about loss of life. Most are already carrying a gun anyway and you're fair game (your watch, your wallet, your hat, your ring, your car, YOUR LIFE... so why not your gun).
    You have two descriptions of the hood. The drug dealers and the killers. I didn't know their were rules for these guys, i thought they killed on a whim or mere thought of entertainment, no rules, no regs, anything goes. These two types aren't hand in hand, or the same person?

if it wasn't my gun it would be my wallet, ring, car, hat...it doesn't sound like open carrying is the issue in a hood, sounds like being in the hood is the issue.

I'm not sure where you are going with this kind of stance...that open carriers don't know the risks because they dont hang out in the hoods of America? Is that a bad thing? If none of the open carriers hang out in the hoods, then I'd say the open carry crowd is a pretty smart crowd! Now becuase your job is in the hood, you are obligated to be there and it's not a matter of intelligence but risk benefit for you, but you still have a choice to leave.

Answer me these two things please: Would you invite Tuckers Mom and Localgirl to try and walk through the hood concealing their firearms alone at night? Since you say the rules are, if you open carry you are the target, these ladies should be okay...

Do police get their guns pulled during an ambush or after an arrest and restraining has begun?

I just wanted to make clear.

Open carrying does not belong in the hood.

Concealed carrying does not belong in the hood

No one who carries a firearm for self defense should be in the hood if they have a choice.

Everything is a choice.

Can I concealed carry while wearing a hoodie?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:237183
    Can I concealed carry while wearing a hoodie?
    Only if you do not use a holster and aim it at your junk...

*SARCASM* for those that would get confused

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I didn't know their were rules for these guys, i thought they killed on a whim or mere thought of entertainment, no rules, no regs, anything goes. These two types aren't hand in hand, or the same person?

I'm not sure where you are going with this kind of stance. Answer me these two things please: Would you invite Tuckers Mom and Localgirl to try and walk through the hood concealing their firearms alone at night? Since you say the rules are, if you open carry you are the target, these ladies should be okay...

Do police get their guns pulled during an ambush or after an arrest and restraining has begun?
    Yes, there are definitely rules in the hood. Most people don't have experience with ghetto culture. It's simple... the drug dealers want to profit so the general attacking of a civilian is discouraged. But this goes south for anyone who breaks their rules (like disrespecting the rats) or when the benefit is great enough that they don't care about the drug business. The biggest mistake is thinking you can call it. No one can tell you for sure what will happen.

Some open carriers write posts that show they don't seem to understand ghetto culture. Post after post indicates that they believe the perp is afraid of their gun. While this may be true in certain settings it is entirely untrue in gang culture and the ghettos. These people fear no one.

If the ladies OC they will get attacked... without hesitation. They can probably drive through, get their drugs and leave. If they walk (regardless of CC or unarmed) they'll probably get attacked/raped/robbed as the benefit of this exceeds the monetary gain of dealing drugs to them. You mention localgirl and tuckersmom. I doubt either of these level-headed ladies would walk through such a place.

The police routinely get attacked when arriving at the scene, as do firefighters and EMT's. I trained my own K9's with this department. The department's dogs are repeatedly attacked. Nice dogs get quite vicious after a few years of it. On some blocks they would rather watch the house burn so they drive away emergency personnel, thus the entertainment value. Police are regularly stoned/bricked. Attempts at arrest turn into riots. The feds are now involved because this particular city is way past what the police can handle.

As I've repeatedly stated, I support open carry. But people must understand that it's not smart everywhere. Anyone who would argue this is inexperienced. We must never be so naive as to believe we can predicct behavior in such a setting. Learn the streets - stay safe - live long.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I lived in the hood and participated in gang life as a young teen.

I worked in the hood both as an leo and private citizen. I agree that there are "rules" and hoodlums do NOT want to stir things up that will have a detrimental effect on their business. That' why I'm calling BS to stories of gangs willy-nilly attacking police, fire & emt personel; at least in any "high" number of occurances. I'm sure there is the random attack. But, it's NOT an everyday occurance.

I am a middle age white guy who sold insurance on a debit route. I was in the "hood" every single day for a couple of years. I always had $1000's of dollar in cash premiums on my person. I even collected money from two crack houses and I certain I was paid with drug money. But, I never, EVER was attacked or robbed; NEVER!!!

The only time I had a problem with some of the little d-head gangbangers was one night on my own property. Three of the little mfers were standing in my front yard doing drug deals.

When I turned on my outside light & looked outside they threatened to shoot me if I didn't go back inside. Well I abliged, went back inside and turned off ALL my lights. Then grabbed firearm & my protection trained pitbull and I slipped out the back door and slipped around the house in the dark. I quietly opened the backyard gate & released my dog; who very quickly dispersed the little thugs off my property taking mouthfulls of gangbanger ass along the way.

By the time the deputy sherrif arrived it was all over and my dog & I were standing in my driveway. The next day I ran into one of the little $^!+$ coming back from the store on the corner. I stopped his ass & told him if I ever saw him or his friends in my front yard dealing drugs & they threatened me again, I wouldn't call the police at all. I told them I would just kill them in there tracks & call the coronor. (I love South Carolina)

Then I told them that after all this happened, there whould be a significant increase in the LEO presense in the neighborhood and this would really hurt their business. I suggested a truce. I told them they could continue freely carrying out the drug activities as long as they left me and my family the "F" alone! I asked them if it was worth losing thousands of dollars in drug money in order to go to WAR with one honery ass whiteman; or if it was "smarter" for them just to avoid me?

I lived in the "hood" two more years and NEVER had another problem with the drug gang that was there.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast