Open carry experience... - Page 19
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Open carry experience...

1. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I think Navy posted this thread to spark conversations, just like the one we had. We should ask him...

NAVY hey bud, did we hijack your thread? And if so, do you want it back? Or is this ok?
    I posted this thread to illustrate my disagreement with the idea that somehow the gun is supposed to change or normal behaviors, especially an openly carried gun. For me, the gun on my belt is no different than my cell phone. My cell phone is a tool for communication. My gun is a tool for self defense. Nothing more, nothing less. And I choose to be the best example of that concept that I can be.

And... when I have a couple of drinks with dinner/entertainment, I don't give my car keys away - instead I choose not to drive. But I would drive if someone's life was in danger and that was the only way to possibly save it. It's exactly the same with the gun. I am not going to leave it behind because I want to have a couple drinks with dinner - instead I choose to leave it in the holster on my belt. But, I would use it if someone's life was in danger and that was the only way to possibly save it.

My point in posting and starting this thread was to also illustrate that if you will leave an establishment because of a person drinking only because that person is wearing a gun in a holster on their belt, then you are really afraid of the gun. If you were afraid of what the person might do, then you would leave because they have car keys in their pocket, or maybe even a concealed firearm.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I posted this thread to illustrate my disagreement with the idea that somehow the gun is supposed to change or normal behaviors, especially an openly carried gun. For me, the gun on my belt is no different than my cell phone. My cell phone is a tool for communication. My gun is a tool for self defense. Nothing more, nothing less. And I choose to be the best example of that concept that I can be.

And... when I have a couple of drinks with dinner/entertainment, I don't give my car keys away - instead I choose not to drive. But I would drive if someone's life was in danger and that was the only way to possibly save it. It's exactly the same with the gun. I am not going to leave it behind because I want to have a couple drinks with dinner - instead I choose to leave it in the holster on my belt. But, I would use it if someone's life was in danger and that was the only way to possibly save it.

My point in posting and starting this thread was to also illustrate that if you will leave an establishment because of a person drinking only because that person is wearing a gun in a holster on their belt, then you are really afraid of the gun. If you were afraid of what the person might do, then you would leave because they have car keys in their pocket, or maybe even a concealed firearm.
    A gun is nothing to be afraid of. Guns don't kill people, Car keys don't kill people. Drunks with guns or car keys kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill View Post
    A gun is nothing to be afraid of. Guns don't kill people, Car keys don't kill people. Drunks with guns or car keys kill people.

Never heard of a drunk stabbing someone to death with car keys...that would be an interesting story to read. I also can't find anything on drunk people shooting other people...to be honest though, i didn't look very hard, but maybe you could find something. I googled "drunk man shoots person"...and mostly stories of police shooting drunks came up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Never heard of a drunk stabbing someone to death with car keys...that would be an interesting story to read. I also can't find anything on drunk people shooting other people...to be honest though, i didn't look very hard, but maybe you could find something. I googled "drunk man shoots person"...and mostly stories of police shooting drunks came up.
    Here's one:
    Baltimore Crime Beat: City officer shoots man after bar dispute - Baltimore crime news: Police, courts and police stories in the city and central Maryland - baltimoresun.com

and another one:
    http://www.lineofduty.com/the-blotte...shoots-bouncer

So this means that whenever I see a cop wearing a gun, I am going to leave the premises immediately. It's been proven time and time again that guns don't kill people. Cops with guns kill people.

And this one:
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/07/...lice-officers/
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

6. I used to OC my cell phone on my belt. However I quickly learned that it looked just plain dorky.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819