Open carry experience... - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I didn't know you were allowed to carry open or concealed while drinking booze in public
    Depends on the state you live in, In New Hampshire you can. Vermont allows you to carry in Bars as well. I myself never drink while I carry. I do keep them close by when drinking at home through.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. Talking

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Did you sign this song for karaoke?

Nope. I sang this one:

Nice try, though....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Should we make an open carry "diary" thread? A place everyone that open carriers can come to at night, post up about their day, and how everything was okay...again. Maybe after 2.5 million posts, people will understand its not instant death to open carry. What you think? Should I start one?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Nope. I sang this one:

Nice try, though....
    LOL,That's a good song. First time I saw it I was like this guy is a joke, then I played it and liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Should we make an open carry "diary" thread? A place everyone that open carriers can come to at night, post up about their day, and how everything was okay...again. Maybe after 2.5 million posts, people will understand its not instant death to open carry. What you think? Should I start one?
    Do we get voice activation locks and pink fuzzy pens and sparkly paper to write on? LOL, J/K. It sounds like a cool idea.

I crossed the street today and didn't get hit by a car. I guess that means I can never be hit by a car while crossing the street. What a relief.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I think it would be to boring. Most people in this forum want to hear all the stories about us getting shot or slammed on the ground by the popo. BTW, I'm reporting this from the ICU after getting shot while cashing a check at my bank.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    In Washington, yes. The prohibition in Washington is only no firearms allowed in areas of establishments that are designated as 21 and over only. There is no law in Washington against consuming alchol whiled armed, nor carrying a firearm while intoxicated.

RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places

However, there is also this:
    RCW 9.41.098: Forfeiture of firearms

In Washington state, no CPL is required to open carry, therefore the forfeiture statute does not apply to open carry. A CPL is required to possess/transport a loaded handgun in a vehicle, so that is where forfeiture could possibly come into play.

The forfeiture statute would be used if a person was carrying a concealed firearm and was arrested for an alcohol related offense, or arrested for dui and possesed a loaded handgun anywhere in their vehicle, but there is no other statute which makes it illegal to simply carry a firearm under the influence of alcohol or even while intoxicated. As it should be. There should be laws against criminal/negligent actions, not against possession of inanimate objects.
    I do agree with you NavyLCDR but a visiting friend watching me right now argues that driving under the influence (DUI) is the same thing. Example is a drunk has 2 inanimate objects under his control, a car and a gun. The question is why should a person be arrested for driving under the influence BEFORE AN INCIDENT and not for having a gun while drunk BEFORE AN INCIDENT? Again I do agree with you but my visiting friend brought up the point. For the record I do not drink and drive, actually rarely do I drink any alchol. What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I crossed the street today and didn't get hit by a car. I guess that means I can never be hit by a car while crossing the street. What a relief.
    No you have more of a chance of being stuck by a car, then you do of being mugged/shot first while open carrying.

The security company I use to work for had the same mindset "Shot first if armed." So most of the guards were not allowed to be armed. Fact of that matter was armed or unarmed the guard was always going to be the first person targeted. Having a firearm gave them a tool to fight back with.

11. Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    I do agree with you NavyLCDR but a visiting friend watching me right now argues that driving under the influence (DUI) is the same thing. Example is a drunk has 2 inanimate objects under his control, a car and a gun. The question is why should a person be arrested for driving under the influence BEFORE AN INCIDENT and not for having a gun while drunk BEFORE AN INCIDENT? Again I do agree with you but my visiting friend brought up the point. For the record I do not drink and drive, actually rarely do I drink any alchol. What say you?
    That's simple. It is the difference between OPERATING the object and POSSESSING the object. It would be like making it illegal to own a car in the parking lot of a bar or making it illegal to carry car keys into a bar.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast