Open carry experience... - Page 6
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 185

Thread: Open carry experience...

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Posts
    1,207
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well, I suppose the CCW badge deterred any terror by fellow patrons.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill View Post
    The problem seems to be the self righteous people that care about their beer more than other people safety. I'm sure every drunk driver went out with the intention of getting drunk. I wonder how many also said "I can handle it".

    You chose to drink and carry, I chose to to stay away from people that make that decision. Best case scenario your decisions only screw up your own life.
    Aha!!!!! The very FIRST post after mine has already proven I was right... thank you for showing YOUR fearfulness of someone elses decision, THAT is what is called projection kiddo............ and you just stepped in it up to your neck.........

    I actually CAN be trusted to drink and have a firearm on me, your not believing that, or cowering in fear because of it does not make it untrue.......

  4. Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill View Post
    The problem seems to be the self righteous people that care about their beer more than other people safety. I'm sure every drunk driver went out with the intention of getting drunk. I wonder how many also said "I can handle it".

    You chose to drink and carry, I chose to to stay away from people that make that decision. Best case scenario your decisions only screw up your own life.
    If we apply your standards concerning carrying a firearm for self protection and drinking to drinking and driving, then you should be concerned about every person who drinks with car keys in their pockets. What percentage of those people who drink can safely do so with car keys in their pocket without danger of driving drunk? Now, what if there as emergency and one of those people drinking must drive someone somewhere in a life threatening situation?

    There is no difference in that than carrying a firearm. There is no more danger to you due to the presence of the firearm than due to the presence of car keys. The vast majority of people who can carry a gun all day long and not play with it are not going to suddenly acquire an overwhelming urge to play with it after a couple beers. Actually, there's much, much less chance of the gun coming out of the holster than someone driving drunk because it doesn't cause inconvenience to going home after drinking if the gun remains in the holster.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill View Post
    The problem seems to be the self righteous people that care about their beer more than other people safety. I'm sure every drunk driver went out with the intention of getting drunk. I wonder how many also said "I can handle it".

    You chose to drink and carry, I chose to to stay away from people that make that decision. Best case scenario your decisions only screw up your own life.
    "self righteous"

    Boy you hit the nail on the head with that one. There are all sorts of "self"s on this site - self righteous, self important, self appointed, etc. etc.

    As a longtime member of the alcohol-peddling industry I can tell you firsthand that every bar, every day, has the "I can handle it" crew and the "I'm not drunk" bunch as well as the "I know my limitations" folks. Funny thing is that 99% of the time they're wrong but you can't tell them that. Nor can you tell anything of the sort to the self righteous, important, and appointed on this site. They're always right and anyone who differs slightly from their (in their own minds) infallible testimony is simply wrong. Get used to it.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  6. #55
    Again, though, let's talk about defensibility in court. If you are involved in an accident and upon being questioned by an officer he detects alcohol on your breath, do you think that's going in his report? You bet it is. Do you think it'll go on your record and affect your insurance? Smart money says yes.

    Drinking while carrying is the same thing. Even though you may not in reality be impaired, your battle to maintain credibility in the aftermath will be all uphill.

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    Again, though, let's talk about defensibility in court. If you are involved in an accident and upon being questioned by an officer he detects alcohol on your breath, do you think that's going in his report? You bet it is. Do you think it'll go on your record and affect your insurance? Smart money says yes.

    Drinking while carrying is the same thing. Even though you may not in reality be impaired, your battle to maintain credibility in the aftermath will be all uphill.
    Stop with YOUR FEARS of the courts already........ Life is worth 1000's of times more than what the jury might believe about you..... Why are you so afraid of what others think?

  8. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Stop with YOUR FEARS of the courts already........ Life is worth 1000's of times more than what the jury might believe about you..... Why are you so afraid of what others think?
    I dont think his concern with following the law is a fear any more than your carrying a firearm for protection is a fear of others hurting you. Whether we like it or not, if we are involved in a self defense shooting, what the jury thinks of you is everything, assuming your life means everything to you. The jury's decision can lead to your death and your family left without a member.

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I dont think his concern with following the law is a fear any more than your carrying a firearm for protection is a fear of others hurting you.
    I fear LEO's more than I fear others hurting me.

  10. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:235627
    Stop with YOUR FEARS of the courts already........ Life is worth 1000's of times more than what the jury might believe about you..... Why are you so afraid of what others think?
    I do fear the courts. And you should as well. Because they are more likely to be filled with those who know nothing of second amendment rights or gun ownership than with those who will be like-minded as us. And they will be the ones deciding your fate, whether you were technically right or not. Why would you choose NOT to consider their potential reaction to factors you can control today, when there are so many factors you will not be able to control on the day you are forced to shoot?

    Life is the most valuable thing, you're right. But unless the jury is sympathetic toward you, yours will be over. Period.

  11. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:235654
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I dont think his concern with following the law is a fear any more than your carrying a firearm for protection is a fear of others hurting you.
    I fear LEO's more than I fear others hurting me.
    My God, you have a lot to learn.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast