Open carry experience... - Page 8
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:235681
    grmerril.... I just want you to provide all those news stories of people shooting each other in bars.......... I'm waiting.......... If you can find any at all, they were probably cops, lol........
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=bar+shooting

Congrats Axeanda45, that has got to be the dumbest thing ever posted on this forum.

For everyone else, this is from my phone do sorry if that doesn't site up as a hyperlink.

So I google'd it like you wanted us to....

There are shootings at bars...but only 1 involved bar patrons. (which looked more like a blacks vs whites: saggy jeans, oversized sweatshirts, no aiming, firing the handgun sideways, drinking was the not the culprit...genetic stupidity was) The rest just so happened to be involved AT a bar...by someone going on a shooting rampage or drive by shooting. Still can't find one of a drunk person using their weapon irresponsibly.
    Does anyone smoke cigarettes and carry? Drink caffeine and carry? Take prescription medication and carry? Would you consider wine tasting to be excess drinking while carrying? Do you carry when you are tired? Do you carry right after you work out? All of these can impair judgement and skill...

Know you're limits. Not like the drunk, saying he knows his limits as he vomits (which is not the same kind of drinking we are talking about here)...but we all as carriers need to know our limits. All limits: our speed, precision, endurance, mental capacity.

Do you think someone who is so out of shape he can't sprint 50 yards without being winded...turning to shoot but can barely make a sight picture because of his lack of wellness should be carrying? I bet Navy could have 3 beers and still make a decent group.

5. It's obvious that there is group of people here who react to objects rather than actions. I can be having a nice dinner with my family, or sitting listening to band with a beer on the table and nobody reacts. But when the ONLY thing that changes in the scenario is a gun properly holstered on my belt - now "pro-gun" people say they will head for the door, even though NOTHING else has changed in the entire situation other than an item on my belt.

That is reacting to the object pure and simple. I understand, though.... it's hard not to think that way when that is what the Brady Bunch and anti-gun groups have been indoctrinating the public to do now for many decades - react to the object rather than behavior.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

It's obvious you don't understand. It comes down to evaluating the situation and deciding if my safety and peace of mind is worth what is going on. Let me give you some examples.

Would I fly in a plane with a pilot that is drinking? Would I hunt with someone that is drinking? Would I go to the dentist that is drinking? Would I drive with someone that is drinking? Would I let my babysitter drink? Would I put up with a police officer that is drinking? In every case the answer is no. in every case the person is in a position of trust and in every case you can really screw things up.

Now would I play golf with someone that is drinking, sure everyone loves a clown. Would I care if the guy mowing my lawn drinks... Nope. Do I care what you do when I am not around...nope. Not until you effect someone I know do I care.

You have placed yourself in a position of responsibility, you are carrying a firearm and are responsible for what you do with it. I just don't think you are acting responsibly.

7. Well, your welcome to leave the airplane, not hunt with someone, switch dentists, walk, fire your babysitter and file a complaint against a police officer. You are also welcome to leave the building when I come in with my gun on my belt. It has no effect on me. It does provide a bad example for the anti-gun crowd, however, when you show them that you support their idea that there is a reason to fear a person who is enganging in normal American activities for no other reason than they are responsibly, properly and legally carrying a firearm.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

@NavyLCDR

Some good points, but some not so much. Your assumption that some are reacting purely to an object is inaccurate. They, and I, are reacting to your capacity for reasonable decision-making. Just because you CAN have a beer while lawfully carrying does not make it wise or prudent, and it certainly does not send the proper image or message to our anti-gun counterparts. Nonetheless, despite the fact that your decision defies all logic, I wholly support your right to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:235743
    Well, your welcome to leave the airplane, not hunt with someone, switch dentists, walk, fire your babysitter and file a complaint against a police officer. You are also welcome to leave the building when I come in with my gun on my belt. It has no effect on me. It does provide a bad example for the anti-gun crowd, however, when you show them that you support their idea that there is a reason to fear a person who is enganging in normal American activities for no other reason than they are responsibly, properly and legally carrying a firearm.
    Well, I agree with "legally." Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:235743
    Well, your welcome to leave the airplane, not hunt with someone, switch dentists, walk, fire your babysitter and file a complaint against a police officer. You are also welcome to leave the building when I come in with my gun on my belt. It has no effect on me. It does provide a bad example for the anti-gun crowd, however, when you show them that you support their idea that there is a reason to fear a person who is enganging in normal American activities for no other reason than they are responsibly, properly and legally carrying a firearm.
    I agree, I will get off the plane..fire the babysitter...etc.

Let me clarify... I do not support you drinking and carrying. The anti gun groups may think the same thing but trying to make a connection between us a lame excuse to justify your actions. Alcohol lowers you inhibitions...they don't call it "beer goggles" because alcohol leads you to beauty...you wake up to something coyote ugly. And your excuse is that you can handle it....

I would leave you to your drinking and carrying... You won't effect me...until you do something stupid and then you will effect my ability to carry a firearm. That very same group you say I am helping will appreciate the support.

BTW I CC, so all the anti gun groups will "see" is an ordinary person walking out the door. You are the one OCing while downing the beers for everyone to see.

11. God forbid a person should retain a means of self protection while engaging in normal, everyday American activities. What a stupid thing to expect to be able to do.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast