Open carry experience...
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry experience...

Talking Open carry experience...

There's a new hang-out place geared more towards teens, but also for adults in my town. A few weeks ago we had a birthday party for my daughter there. Open carried my stainless steel PT-145 as usual. Then went there for Tuesday night karaoke open carried, as usual.

Saturday night was their first live band playing. It's a small place, there were about 50 people there, probably about 1/2 full. Open carried, as usual. Paid the $5.00 cover charge. Drank two beers over about 1 hour, ate nachos. The band was pretty good. A small bunch of retired hippies from the 60's were dancing in a circle, it is liberal Washington State, after all.

I was rather disappointed. Nobody screamed in terror at the sight of a gun. I felt no overwhelming urge to fondle my firearm because of two beers. Nobody shot me first out of the crowd because of my gun. I wasn't ambushed by criminals wanting to steal my gun and kill me with it. I thought at least one of those was supposed to happen when you open carry. Oh well, maybe next time. It was no different than if I had been wearing a cell phone on my belt, as it should be.

The concealed carriers there were probably disappointed too because there was no opportunity to practice their "element of surprise" tactics.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Are you making stuff up again?

He must be making it up. It must be a fairy tale because we all know that those things will happen when the public sees someone with a gun. It must happen---the libs have told us it will. <S>

Lies,Lies and more Lies!!! We all know this could not be true because he is still alive to tell the tale. As we all know your shot/murdered first if your a open carrier! So I call BS!!!!! On top of that we all know a mob of gangsters/ drug users jump people who open carry at the first chance they get.

Try telling us the truth, you got jumped and shot and your now posting from inside the ICU in your bed right?

LOL J/K..

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Did you sign this song for karaoke?

Had his ccp badge on also pinned to his belt like an F.B.I. agent ! : p

Quote Originally Posted by n4sxx View Post
    Had his ccp badge on also pinned to his belt like an F.B.I. agent ! : p
    Don't forget his blue parka that said CCW holder in bright yellow print.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Don't forget his blue parka that said CCW holder in bright yellow print.

10. I didn't know you were allowed to carry open or concealed while drinking booze in public

11. Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I didn't know you were allowed to carry open or concealed while drinking booze in public
    In Washington, yes. The prohibition in Washington is only no firearms allowed in areas of establishments that are designated as 21 and over only. There is no law in Washington against consuming alchol whiled armed, nor carrying a firearm while intoxicated.

RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places

RCW 9.41.300
    Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty.
    (1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:
    (d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age
    However, there is also this:
    RCW 9.41.098: Forfeiture of firearms

RCW 9.41.098
    Forfeiture of firearms — Disposition — Confiscation.

(1) The superior courts and the courts of limited jurisdiction of the state may order forfeiture of a firearm which is proven to be:
    (e) In the possession of a person who is in any place in which a concealed pistol license is required, and who is under the influence of any drug or under the influence of intoxicating liquor, as defined in chapter 46.61 RCW
    In Washington state, no CPL is required to open carry, therefore the forfeiture statute does not apply to open carry. A CPL is required to possess/transport a loaded handgun in a vehicle, so that is where forfeiture could possibly come into play.

The forfeiture statute would be used if a person was carrying a concealed firearm and was arrested for an alcohol related offense, or arrested for dui and possesed a loaded handgun anywhere in their vehicle, but there is no other statute which makes it illegal to simply carry a firearm under the influence of alcohol or even while intoxicated. As it should be. There should be laws against criminal/negligent actions, not against possession of inanimate objects.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast