Anyone from Utah Open Carry

Thread: Anyone from Utah Open Carry

Anyone from Utah Open Carry

If you Open Carry in Utah, where do you live? City, County, whatever you are comfortable saying. Please clarify if you are born and raised, a transplant that has gotten used to the enviroment, recently moved here, or can't wait to get out.

I have never seen anyone OC that wasn't hunting or carrying as part of their job. But I did OC today, I was out cutting firewood and my IWB hoster does not work for situations like that so I want with my Bianchi OWB leather retention holster.

I'm from Weber County, born and raised.

And before I try to dig out the Utah state laws that govern OCing, does anyone know of a website that clearly lays them out?

These people do:
    Utah
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

opencarry in Utah

I don't open carry. The place to check is utahconcealedcarry.com
    There are quite a few open carryers in Utah.

I was born in Utah raised on Idaho border I OC in Utah all the time. Most of the time in Cache County. I even do it in Salt Lake never had a single problem.

I have 3 cousins in Ogden, Utah. When I visit, I open carry. Utah is an awesome state. You are lucky to live there. I am glad my cousins finally made their way out of southern Kali to a decent place...now if only I could get their parents (my aunts and uncles) and my grandparents out of there!

But alas...i am not Utah Resident...so I will just read all the knowledge that should start pouring into this thread hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill View Post

And before I try to dig out the Utah state laws that govern OCing, does anyone know of a website that clearly lays them out?
    OpenCarry.org - State Information For Utah

Summary
    Utah allows unlicensed open carry of a firearm that is at least 2 actions from firing. For example, a semi-auto may have a full mag but the chamber must be empty. Permit holder may open carry as well, but their firearms may be fully loaded.