My Open Carry Experience
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Open Carry Experience

My Open Carry Experience

Recently I received my CCW and bought myself a Kimber Pro Raptor II for my EDC. I plan to Conceal Carry every day but I also don't have any problem with OC. I live in the heart of Uptown in Charlotte though so there's no need for me to cause any scene. However, I needed some ammo for my new gun and ran over to D*ck's Sporting Goods. It's a little North of most of the "city folk" so I just went ahead and proudly wore it on my hip, clearly visible.

No problems, no issues. It felt good! I didn't do it to cause an argument with anyone I encountered, but I was in an area I felt would be accepting of my firearm and I was right. From there, I drove straight to the gun store/indoor range still open carrying and chatted with people in the store while I was there. Again, it felt great!

By no means would I do this everywhere. Too many people don't understand firearms and I'm not going to rub it in their face so I'll keep my gun to myself. But Open Carrying is kind of like "letting loose" and taking your shirt off once in a while :)

Yesterday I was going to fill up with gas while OCing at a station that always has three or four cop cars hanging out but there were way too many people in line and I didn't want to fight a crowd.

For the record, I also wear pretty clean cut business attire so it wouldn't surprise me if people just assumed I was a cop :-/

3. You can open carry in NC?

Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by cartisdm View Post
    Too many people don't understand firearms and I'm not going to rub it in their face so I'll keep my gun to myself.
    I agree with you on this. I don't rub my gun in anyone's face either. In addition, that's just kind of creepy. I wear mine on my belt.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I wear mine on my belt also. In fact I don't know anyone that has rubbed their firearm in someone's face. Who would do such a thing???????
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by savage3021:236897
    You can open carry in NC?
    Yes, NC is an open carry state. In fact, even in banks as long as it's not posted. I don't plan on doing that though...

Good for you! I wish I can but I can't -- for many reasons I had already stated in some post around here...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Yes, NC is an open carry state. In fact, even in banks as long as it's not posted. I don't plan on doing that though...
    Why not? I OC in my bank all the time, even held the door open for the armored car guys dragging out a few thousand dollars of coins. Side note: Why don't OC'ers bash CC'ers on their forums? Hmm? I OC everywhere for two years and no issue anywhere. I only CC when I'm outside in real cold weather calls for a big/heavy jacket. I dress for the weather not the gun. Also I was brought up that gentlemen tuck in their shirts and don't wear hats indoors, so one more reason for OC. (Rant complete)

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I dress for the weather not the gun. Also I was brought up that gentlemen tuck in their shirts and don't wear hats indoors, so one more reason for OC. (Rant complete)
    I am guessing that you also iron your shirts and shine your shoes. Being a well dressed man is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:236906
    Good for you!

Too many people don't understand firearms and I'm not going to rub it in their face so I'll keep my gun to myself.
    I agree with you on this. I don't rub my gun in anyone's face either. In addition, that's just kind of creepy. I wear mine on my belt.
    Is rubbing a gun in some ones face considered brandishing? *SARCASM* for those that would get confused

Hey Firefighterchen the way you wore your gun (open carry)I at first didnt even notice it when you were at my house last summer. To me it seemed that you were carrying properly and safely. You give open carry a good name. In contrast I know of a man(idiot) who OCs but wears his large revolver like a gunfighter out of a old B Western movie and is always fidgeting with it. Oh well. By the way I did OC yesterday, it felt fine, and there was no panic, only one person even glanced at my gun that I could tell. I will have to do this(OC) more often. Sent you a message, Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast