What states allow OC?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What states allow OC?

What states allow OC?

Good morning, I was wondering which states allow for open carry, I travel a lot for my job and take my side arm everywhere I can. I have the Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps, so I know where I can and can't carry as concealed, now I'd like to know where Which states I can OPEN CARRY in. Does anyone out there know. Please post which state your from and weather or not you can or can't OC in it please.

Georgia is an OC state

V/R
    Chris
    Harris County, GA

Here is a good place to go looking for info on Open Carry! OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ...

Here is an OC map much like the reciprocity maps. http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

V/R
    Chris

Missouri is an OC state and you can carry without a permit.
    You do still have to be careful in certain cities with laws barring OC but we are working on that. It is unconstitutional due to State preemption.
    Friends help you move. Real Friends help you move bodies!

SC, CC only with CWP, no OC

KK

6. I open carry in your state. You cannot carry period in mine, SC. I live close to Georgia. Freedom is only 30 minutes away. Carry on GEORGIA!

Kentucky, constitutional OC state, no license or residency required.

Only places off limits, detention center, most courthouses and K-12 schools. Note that the prohibition only applies to the actual buildings except K-12 which you may only possess in your vehicle. A matter of immediate need of the firearm for self defense of self or others legally negates the prohibition.

Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee
    Tennessee is OC only with a Handgun Permit. You may also carry CC with the permit. Places off-limits when carrying:
    1. It is lawful to possess a firearm on the premises of a public place where alcoholic beverages are served as long as such individual is not consuming alcoholic beverages. However, a restaurant may choose to post a sign prohibiting firearms.
    2. It is unlawful to carry a firearm into a judicial proceeding.
    3. It is unlawful to possess or carry any firearm, with the intent to go armed, onto any school or college facility or grounds (to include a bus), unless used for instructional or sanctioned ceremonial purposes.
    4. It is unlawful to carry a weapon into a meeting where the owner has posted prominent signs pursuant to 39-17-1359 at all entrances banning weapon possession.
    5. It is an offense for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, with the intent to go armed, any weapon prohibited by 39-17-1302(a), not used solely for instructional, display or sanctioned ceremonial purposes, in or on the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes.

6. You can drop off a student at school as long as the gun is not handled while doing so. You can also leave it in your car if you are a non-student adult.

7. It is general excepted that Government owned Parks, Civic Center and recreational areas are off limits.

8. It is a violation of the law to carry where it is posted with this sign:

PURSUANT TO 39-17-1359, THE OWNER/OPERATOR OF THIS PROPERTY
    HAS BANNED WEAPONS ON THIS PROPERTY, OR WITHIN THIS
    BUILDING OR THIS PORTION OF THIS BUILDING. FAILURE TO COMPLY
    WITH THIS PROHIBITION IS PUNISHABLE AS A CRIMINAL ACT UNDER
    STATE LAW AND MAY SUBJECT THE VIOLATOR TO A FINE OF NOT
    MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500).

The wording must be substantially similar. A sign with a picture of a handgun with a slash through it does not count.

I hope this helps.
    Let's hear it for Gun Free Zones... Public places where the criminal has a monopoly
    on self defense. - Gary Nelson 2012

9. What states allow OC? - Good reference

For detailed coverage of the topic: http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...=PB+01566&ct=e

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    SC, CC only with CWP, no OC

KK
    All this alphabet soup is making me dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Cook View Post
    Missouri is an OC state and you can carry without a permit.
    You do still have to be careful in certain cities with laws barring OC but we are working on that. It is unconstitutional due to State preemption.
    My little city doesn't allow OC. It is very hard to keep up with them little cities within the state on which allow and which doesn't so it is safer to play CC instead. It doesn't really matter, practice with what you got to live with.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast