Yet another open carry experience
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another open carry experience

Yet another open carry experience

So Mrs. LCDR wanted to go to the scrapbook convention. It was at Meydenbauer Convention Center in Bellevue, Washington. Open carried all the time. Parked in a parking lot a block away, got tickets at the counter in the convention center after a quick check for "No Firearms" signs. Walked around the convention looking at scrap booking supplies for almost 4 hours and had lunch in there in between.

At least 1,000 people shopping there, about 80% women. Pretty amazing, nobody said anything about the gun on my belt. No scrap book moms running with scissors in their hands in terror. No cops were called. No gangs of scrap booking criminals ambushed us to steal my gun and my wife's bag of scrap book stuff. Nobody shot at me first, even with the battery operated staple guns readily available.

If I was questioned as to why I was carrying a gun, I had my answer planned, "Have you ever seen two scrap bookers with scissors in their hands fighting over the last Class of 2015 Freshman sticker?"
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So Mrs. LCDR wanted to go to the scrapbook convention.
    So, are you trying to tell us you're whipped?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

You are a brilliant man. If I OC'd to something like that my wife would never invite me to one of those things again. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
    You are a brilliant man. If I OC'd to something like that my wife would never invite me to one of those things again. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
    Well, she did say, "Geez, I can't take you ANYWHERE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    So, are you trying to tell us you're whipped?
    Not as whipped as the one guy I saw that was not only following his wife around, but he also had a baby strapped into a chest carrier!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Not as whipped as the one guy I saw that was not only following his wife around, but he also had a baby strapped into a chest carrier!
    Now WAIT just a damned minute...them's fightin' words!
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Hey I wear the pants in my household, under the apron and always get the last words in, "your right dear".

No gangs of scrap booking criminals ambushed us to steal my gun and my wife's bag of scrap book stuff.
    Now I know you are lying, 'cause something like that HAS to happen or you werent really open carrying........

Sounds like a great experience!

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

NavyLCDR,

I'm glad all worked out well for you, and Mrs LCDR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast