OC in winter

Thread: OC in winter

OC in winter

I don't have a cc permit as we are a Constitutional Carry State. I am thinking about getting mine as that would give me at least 36 States. At least one of the States I plan to visit does not recognize our permit but does allow OC. Where do I stand if I want to put on a coat that is longer (warmer) than an Eisenhower jacket?

Do I need to get a single six with a gunslinger holster tied low? If I do will I also have to wear a cowboy hat? Only halfway kidding they do make a modern equivalent used by the military.

I am thinking about Oregon but this question would apply to many other States.

3. I don't know about Oregon, but here in Pennsylvania, also an Open Carry state, you have to be sure that the firearm remains in plain view, not partially obscured by coat or clothing. And the moment you climb into your car, it becomes a concealed weapon. You have to remove it and store it according to law, prior to entering the vehicle, unless you have a PA License to Carry Firearms or a CC permit from a reciprocal state.
    Slow is Steady
    Steady is Fast

That's what I like about WA, with CPL I can go either way (no jokes!). Don't have to worry.

If you are visiting Oregon, head to Grant County and see Sheriff Glen Palmer for a CHL. Its $65, he will do the pic, finger prints and paperwork. Training is required but he will accept the Maryland Firearm Safety Course (MD Firearms Safety Training) as certification. Fill out the online info, complete the training and bring the printout with you. Then you can enjoy full OC or CC in Oregon.

I wear a waist length parka made by Columbia when I open carry. It's not an issue. I only open carry up in New Hampshire since I don't have a cc permit there. I live in Massachusetts and have an unrestricted license to carry which means I can carry concealed. We have no law against open carry here but you wouldn't last five minutes open carrying in public before a SWAT team would have you on the ground at gun point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S:243324
    We have no law against open carry here but you wouldn't last five minutes open carrying in public before a SWAT team would have you on the ground at gun point.
    You should really try and get that changed.