Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66

Thread: Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer?

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Sh00tn Butt View Post
    In the United States, open carry is shorthand terminology for "openly carrying a firearm in public", as distinguished from concealed carry, where firearms cannot be seen by the casual observer.

    that being said .. they probably would consider you a LEO .. although a LEO would consider you as CCing .. or maybe a BG? .. i don't know if i would chance that ..

    is this something you have considered? ..

    just curious ..
    SB
    Yes. I have considered the effects it may have on a LEO. However, I have not yet received my CCW, so I don't have much of a choice :(

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by WV_Ray View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but in a suit why not just go ahead and CC? Unless of course your motivation for OC'ing is, indeed, public perception? It seems that that is what you are interested in is the public perception. Why draw attention to yourself? just sayin'
    The reason I don't CC is because I have not yet received my permit. The next class is late November, and even after passing it you have to wait an additional 4 weeks before it's in your hands. I almost always dress proper and professional regardless of what the itinerary is, so the way I'm perceived remains consistent.

    I am in no way whatsoever trying to draw attention to myself. I just want to protect my body and property at all times.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Absolutely. Even a casually dressed open carrier, if male, middle aged or older, and relatively clean-cut, appears to be some kind of legal--even to me. Fact is, you just don't see a lot of ordinary Joes open carrying, so it's somewhat unexpected.
    Thank you for the response. Do you feel a LEO would stop me for any reason at all? I just don't want my day interrupted because some hot headed officer feels he has the legal right to harass somebody for bearing arms.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by milesihrig View Post
    It take it your talking about the keltec pf9... I don't think they make an open carry holsters forThis gun... I usually carry this on an ankle rig if I'm dressed to wear I have to have Shirt tucked in... While i am still armed with a kabar tdi on my right side for close quarter attacks... Ankle rig is more for an situation where i see or hear shots but sm not engaged... Due a 7 round mag I carry a few extra in my poket as hell

    One option is to get a smaller gun like keltecs 380 and pocket carry...

    Or my friend has a kahr pm9 same size as pf9 and was using a hide a tuck holster and had his shirt tucked in and I had no idea he was carrying...
    Correct. I am talking about the KelTec PF9 9MM Handgun. When I checked the gun at my local arms dealer, they showed me two different holsters that fit it perfectly; albeit created for a different kind of gun. Both were for OC and leather w/ retention strap.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman View Post
    Thank you for the response. Do you feel a LEO would stop me for any reason at all? I just don't want my day interrupted because some hot headed officer feels he has the legal right to harass somebody for bearing arms.
    Depends on where you live, how densely populated, what part of the country, etc. Sometimes cops don't even know the local regs. But if you are legal to open carry, and you suspect it may be an issue, there's a lot of good advice throughout this forum on how to react and interact so the outcome is in your favor.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Depends on where you live, how densely populated, what part of the country, etc. Sometimes cops don't even know the local regs. But if you are legal to open carry, and you suspect it may be an issue, there's a lot of good advice throughout this forum on how to react and interact so the outcome is in your favor.
    I see. I live in Lexington, KY. We are considered a "Gold Star" Open Carry state and there are no revised statutes that govern the right to do so. :)

    Thanks so much for the prompt response. How's Idaho going for you?

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lacey, WA
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by milesihrig View Post
    I take it your talking about the keltec pf9... I don't think they make an open carry holsters for This gun...
    I have a Fobus paddle holster for carrying my PF9 for open carry. I normally wear what I call hiking pants, the nylon quick dry with zip off legs and a polo type shirt. So on occasion I've had the occasional are you LEO question. The PF9 was my first pistol, I now OC a full size Taurus 24/7 9mm.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I have a Fobus paddle holster for carrying my PF9 for open carry. I normally wear what I call hiking pants, the nylon quick dry with zip off legs and a polo type shirt. So on occasion I've had the occasional are you LEO question. The PF9 was my first pistol, I now OC a full size Taurus 24/7 9mm.
    That's awesome! What did the holster cost you? Any possible way you could direct me to an online shop that sells them cheap?

    Also, how's the recoil on your PF9? Does it ever want to jump out of your hand when you fire it?

    Thanks!

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lacey, WA
    Posts
    344
    I think I got it on flee-bay for less than $20. To me the recoil is not bad, but being so small I would consider it pretty "snappy". If it is "limp wrist-ed" it will have FTE. Very nice for the size and price. Just don't mess with the factory site positions. I thought the rear site was not centered, so I centered it and couldn't hit squat. Leave it alone!. I like my full size Taurus 24/7 for shooting, because the weight keeps it more controllable and is SA. I will not get rid of my PF9 for any reason. P.S. I want a Sub 2000K.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I think I got it on flee-bay for less than $20. To me the recoil is not bad, but being so small I would consider it pretty "snappy". If it is "limp wrist-ed" it will have FTE. Very nice for the size and price. Just don't mess with the factory site positions. I thought the rear site was not centered, so I centered it and couldn't hit squat. Leave it alone!. I like my full size Taurus 24/7 for shooting, because the weight keeps it more controllable and is SA. I will not get rid of my PF9 for any reason. P.S. I want a Sub 2000K.
    The gun shop I went to tried to get me to purchase one of their leather holsters for $60! That's quite steep for a holster that solely relies on a retention strap for protection of the firearm. I have yet to shoot my PF9, but feel it'll be a breeze to fire; and great for protection!

    Is there a specific reason why it would FTE?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast