Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer?

Quote Originally Posted by lavaman View Post
    Is there a specific reason why it would FTE?
    Like I said if you "limp wrist-it". Not holding it firmly causes the slide to not go fully to the rear. This can happen with a lot of autos. I personally don't like leather, I'm a "modern plastic kind of guy". The Fobus holster is an adjustable friction holster. Just my .02.

A limp wrist takes the snap out of the slide coming back. It like swinging a bat and breaking your wrists before the follow thru. Your wrists breaking interrupts the inertial effects by stopping the forward force you are exerting.

Your wrist will absorb the force instead of the slide.

KK

4. Quote Originally Posted by mike1956 View Post
    I'm not sure Joe Average would recognize the Kel-Tec as a real handgun.
    What, are you kidding?

To Joe Average, a Kel-Tec is a "Glock".

To Joe Average, there are only four guns:
    1. Hunting Rifle (Anything without a pistol grip or removable magazine. Some may call them all "Twenty-two", some may call them all "shotgun".)
    2. Ay Kay 47 (Anything with a pistol grip and/or removable magazine, they're all fully automatic to them.)
    3. Glock (Any semi-automatic pistol.)
    4. Forty Four Magnum (Possibly "Smith and Wesson", aka: revolver.)

Joe-Watches-Slightly-More-Movies Average *MIGHT* add "Uzi" or "Mack ten" to that list. (Older will call 'em Uzi, younger will call 'em Mack ten. Any pistol with a removable magazine that goes in front of the trigger, again, they're all fully automatic to them.)

Show them something different (PS-90, Calico,) and they'll probably think it's a "Sci-Fi ray-gun toy".

5. Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    A limp wrist takes the snap out of the slide coming back. It like swinging a bat and breaking your wrists before the follow thru. Your wrists breaking interrupts the inertial effects by stopping the forward force you are exerting.

Your wrist will absorb the force instead of the slide.

KK
    Good explanation.

6. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Like I said if you "limp wrist-it". Not holding it firmly causes the slide to not go fully to the rear. This can happen with a lot of autos. I personally don't like leather, I'm a "modern plastic kind of guy". The Fobus holster is an adjustable friction holster. Just my .02.
    Do you feel a local "Galls," or gun shop will have that type of holster? I like plastic as well. It gives the gun an awesome sound when pulled from the holster.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    What, are you kidding?

1. Hunting Rifle (Anything without a pistol grip or removable magazine. Some may call them all "Twenty-two", some may call them all "shotgun".)
    2. Ay Kay 47 (Anything with a pistol grip and/or removable magazine, they're all fully automatic to them.)

Joe-Watches-Slightly-More-Movies Average *MIGHT* add "Uzi" or "Mack ten" to that list. (Older will call 'em Uzi, younger will call 'em Mack ten. Any pistol with a removable magazine that goes in front of the trigger, again, they're all fully automatic to them.)

Show them something different (PS-90, Calico,) and they'll probably think it's a "Sci-Fi ray-gun toy".
    This is hilarious, but true! I'd say most of the general public will think my gun is a "glock." We shall soon see!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    What, are you kidding?

LOL Where is the pissing-my-pants smiley? This post needs one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Berta View Post
    LOL Where is the pissing-my-pants smiley? This post needs one of those!
    Look who posted it. He needs no smiley. A smiley is ALWAYS implied

KK

Nice one Ed!

Back to the OP. Another persons assumption is just that. What they may see or not, what they may understand or not is not my concern. I CC and OC legally. At times I will wear a sports jacket. I carry a 1911 MIL-SPEC in a factory OWB and really don't care if it shows or not. I'm covered either way. (no pun intended). I'm middle aged, clean cut with short hair. Although a bit girthy in the mid section, I do not carry myself as a LEO nor do I try to present myself as one. IF Joe/Jane citizen assumes anything about me that's their assumption.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    What, are you kidding?

That's awesome.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast