Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer?

Quote Originally Posted by agrippakc:244363
    In most.states that allow open carry you still need a concealed carry permit to carry a gun that is not openly visable. To accomplish this while wearing buisness attire you would have to wear a suit jacket. To remain in the realm of open carry you would have your gun visible. Do you wear it as a belt buckle and leave you coat open? Are you wearing a shoulder rig on TOP of your coat? How does that work? I carry concealed and if somebody asks me if im a cop then I am doing wrong.
    I'm not sure who you are asking, or what your specific question is.... but I can give you the wardrobe I use. My firearm is OWB strong side @ 2:30 position. My attire only includes a jacket when its cold, otherwise i am wearing a vest over my shirt. When it's cold and I have my jacket on I am concealed, when I get into a warmer area I go back to my standard open carry method when I take my coat off. I don't expect anyone to ask me if I am a police officer if I have my jacket on, just when I have my jacket off. This is what I believe the OP is asking.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    The freedom. It's so relaxing and comfortable. Not worrying if you are printing, or showing the item you wish to keep from anyone knowing about. I stopped checking the mirror before leaving to make sure nothing was out of place. My clothing fits nicely now, I tend to dress nicer than the average person in my area. All the positive education I have been able to give was something I never experienced as a conceal carrier. I used to be worried about what to say if I was caught concealing, luckily it never happened, it was just an added stressor. Open carrying forced me to really know my local laws and responses, and I feel much more comfortable carrying in general. My awareness and politeness have not changed, but that hasn't changed much since even before I carried in the first place. My lifestyle has changed for the better, in all aspects, that is why I decided to stick with it and not go back to CC'ing exclusively.
    Wow! That's quite inspiring. Maybe I'll try it some time? :)

4. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I'm not sure who you are asking, or what your specific question is.... but I can give you the wardrobe I use. My firearm is OWB strong side @ 2:30 position. My attire only includes a jacket when its cold, otherwise i am wearing a vest over my shirt. When it's cold and I have my jacket on I am concealed, when I get into a warmer area I go back to my standard open carry method when I take my coat off. I don't expect anyone to ask me if I am a police officer if I have my jacket on, just when I have my jacket off. This is what I believe the OP is asking.
    Yeah, his comments were WAYYYYY off base.

I didnt mean that states that have OC require a permit to OC, but rather require a permit to CC. If you don't have a permit... You know what, forget I said anything. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

6. Quote Originally Posted by agrippakc View Post
    I didnt mean that states that have OC require a permit to OC, but rather require a permit to CC. If you don't have a permit... You know what, forget I said anything. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Nuff said, moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by agrippakc:244373
    Heh I dont mind if you want to post what you want to post. I was confused and just answered as appropriately as I could. You should keep posting so we can understand what you were getting at.

8. Yeah, it took me a couple reads, but I figured out what you meant - and understand how it was easy to misunderstand.

So, to recap in different words:

Depending on how you plan on open carrying, you will have to be careful to make sure you don't accidentally conceal before you have your conceal permit.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Yeah, it took me a couple reads, but I figured out what you meant - and understand how it was easy to misunderstand.

So, to recap in different words:

Depending on how you plan on open carrying, you will have to be careful to make sure you don't accidentally conceal before you have your conceal permit.
    That makes sense. I always tuck in my button down shirts and hardly ever wear an outer jacket.

That's what confused me. I was trying to picture you OCing in a suit. I got that from professional business attire description.

11. Quote Originally Posted by agrippakc View Post
    That's what confused me. I was trying to picture you OCing in a suit. I got that from professional business attire description.
    I understand now :) I can see where you could interpret it incorrectly.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast