Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer?

1. Some might assume you're a police officer. I guess that's okay as long as you don't do anythign to perpetuate that assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by m444ss View Post
    Some might assume you're a police officer. I guess that's okay as long as you don't do anythign to perpetuate that assumption.
    Does wearing a CCW Badge count?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    How did I know this little jewel would pop up on this thread, been waiting for ya 50.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Batches? We don't need no stinkin' batches!
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk."---Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez (aka "The Rat")From The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

6. "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)
    By the way, that is a GREAT quote!

Quote Originally Posted by m444ss View Post
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)
    By the way, that is a GREAT quote!
    She was a great author. I wish I would have read her novels earlier in my life. Her outlook actually change my ideas and beliefs about the individual and society. If you can get past her being agnostic, she will impress those that believe that the individual produces for the individual NOT for society. The fruits of your labor are just that, your fruits. How you use/distribute those fruits are your choice not society or the Gov't.

Some folks might...and LEO will generally not.

In all my years in the field, I don't remember ever seeing an active LEO carry a visable firearm without also having a visable badge.

In my 25 year's in law enforcement I don't ever remember open carrying without my badge showing on my belt line some where. Now that I live in Va. I just open carry without any problems.
    Bill

10. I don't even need a gun for people to assume I'm a cop. I've been asked if I was LE by people who saw me with my portable ham radio clipped to my belt. I've talked to a fellow ham who sold his portable radio after a cop followed him out of a McDonalds resturant and harrassed him for impersonating a LEO simply for having the radio clipped to his belt. Trust me, you don't need the gun to have people jump to conclusions.
    Steve
    Steve
    President/Founding member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League www.laopencarry.org

I've had people think I was a LEO when I've been dressed in jeans and a greasy T-Shirt. Went to NAPA auto parts one time, to get a replacement ignition coil. It was Summer, hot, and I'd been working on my car, so I had grease and oil on my face, hands and T-Shirt. Granted, I removed as much as I could from my face and hands before I went to get the part, but, it was mostly still there. I was packing a RIA FS 1911 tactical, OC. I gave them the part number, paid for it, and was starting to leave when another customer asked me which department I worked for. Having been asked the question before, I just said "Michigan Militia." Now that raised a few eyebrows.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast