Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer?

1. Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer?

Hello everyone,

I am curious to know how the general public will perceive me while wearing my usual professional business attire while open carrying my PF9? Do you feel they will assume I'm an officer of the law?

Just curious. All criticism is accepted.

Thanks!

Thomas

If your apperance is clean cut, then probably yes. I was at my pharmacy a while back in a pair of dockers with a dress shirt.

When I reached for my wallet the guy sitting down notice my weapon. He asked me what Department I worked for. I advised him that I wasn't an officer, He looked Confused as I said have a nice day

I doubt many will confuse a PM9 with a LE pistol.

Average Citizen does not know the difference, from one handgun, to another.

In the United States, open carry is shorthand terminology for "openly carrying a firearm in public", as distinguished from concealed carry, where firearms cannot be seen by the casual observer.

that being said .. they probably would consider you a LEO .. although a LEO would consider you as CCing .. or maybe a BG? .. i don't know if i would chance that ..

is this something you have considered? ..

just curious ..
    SB

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Average Citizen does not know the difference, from one handgun, to another.
    I'm not sure Joe Average would recognize the Kel-Tec as a real handgun.

8. Maybe I'm wrong, but in a suit why not just go ahead and CC? Unless of course your motivation for OC'ing is, indeed, public perception? It seems that that is what you are interested in is the public perception. Why draw attention to yourself? just sayin'

Not a fan of OC myself, but why would an LEO think a guy OC'ing would be a BG?

I'm thinking a BG would more like be CC'ing?

KK

PS..I like Kel-Tec's, have a few myself but I just thought that was funny! :)

Absolutely. Even a casually dressed open carrier, if male, middle aged or older, and relatively clean-cut, appears to be some kind of legal--even to me. Fact is, you just don't see a lot of ordinary Joes open carrying, so it's somewhat unexpected.

It take it your talking about the keltec pf9... I don't think they make an open carry holsters forThis gun... I usually carry this on an ankle rig if I'm dressed to wear I have to have Shirt tucked in... While i am still armed with a kabar tdi on my right side for close quarter attacks... Ankle rig is more for an situation where i see or hear shots but sm not engaged... Due a 7 round mag I carry a few extra in my poket as hell

One option is to get a smaller gun like keltecs 380 and pocket carry...

Or my friend has a kahr pm9 same size as pf9 and was using a hide a tuck holster and had his shirt tucked in and I had no idea he was carrying...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast