Texas permits
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas permits

1. Texas permits

Are Texas carry permits recognized by Oklahoma law enforcement??

Go to handgunlaws.com

Yes. And Vice Versa. Click your state to check reciprocity. Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

Gee, let's see. Post a question about conceal permit in the open carry forum? Face palm!

Quote Originally Posted by santini99 View Post
    The states of Texas and Oklahoma have reciprocity with each other in regards to concealed carry permits. Whether or not an Oklahoma law enforcement officer will recognize a Texas permit is entirely dependent upon the individual officer.

Hmmm.. I did just realize this was posted in the open carry forum. Neither the Texas nor Oklahoma state government recognize the Second Amendment right to carry a firearm without government permission being paid to obtain.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Gee, let's see. Post a question about conceal permit in the open carry forum? Face palm!
    How smart! You noticed.... :((((
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Face Palm, yall...!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:244765
    Quote Originally Posted by santini99 View Post
    The states of Texas and Oklahoma have reciprocity with each other in regards to concealed carry permits. Whether or not an Oklahoma law enforcement officer will recognize a Texas permit is entirely dependent upon the individual officer.

Hmmm.. I did just realize this was posted in the open carry forum. Neither the Texas nor Oklahoma state government recognize the Second Amendment right to carry a firearm without government permission being paid to obtain.
    You bring up a good question. Is cc or oc really a second amendment issue or a states rights issue. I have never considered oc or cc a second amendment issue, I guess it could be- but I have never even gone anywhere near the 2A to defend my state priviledge to cc. I am not knocking the 2A, thank god for it, but I don't consider it as strong ground to defend CC from. Any thoughts? I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by agrippakc View Post
    You bring up a good question. Is cc or oc really a second amendment issue or a states rights issue. I have never considered oc or cc a second amendment issue, I guess it could be- but I have never even gone anywhere near the 2A to defend my state priviledge to cc. I am not knocking the 2A, thank god for it, but I don't consider it as strong ground to defend CC from. Any thoughts? I could be wrong.
    Is the 1st Amendment a states rights issue? Is the 4th Amendment a states rights issue? Do you pay the government a tax in order to exercise free speech or free religion? Do you pay the state a tax in order to prevent them from coming into your home and conducting a search?

The US Supreme Court has ruled in McDonald that the 2nd Amendment extends to the states just as much as the 1st and 4th amendments do. A right, if it is a right, cannot be taxed. That's exactly what states like Oklahoma and Texas are doing - taxing the right to keep and bear arms. OC v. CC has nothing to do with that.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

NavyLCDR, so you have no problem with crazies and loons having the ability to keep and bear arms? Just asking.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast