Open carry while fishing.

Thread: Open carry while fishing.

1. Open carry while fishing.

First off. I live in florida. I know that i can open carry at public places while fishing such as the beach or a lake. But can I open carry while fishing in the pond at my apartment complex? Fishing there is legal. But would ii run into any legal issues if i open carried while fishing there. Thanks.

That question you will need to ask the complex.. It is Private Property so they have a right to say no..

4. Quote Originally Posted by jaysonindaytona:248033
    That question you will need to ask the complex.. It is Private Property so they have a right to say no..
    Yes it is private "property" but at the same time it is a "public" place. So i wonder if they can infringe upon a citizens rights so long as i am lawfully fishing? Also what if it were someone who didn't live in the complex? Would that change the legality of it for that person? Thanks for any more information you may have.

5. No, if it's owned by a company it's private property even though they allow the public to gain access.
    At anytime they can close off the area to public access for any reason.

Check your lease agreements to see if there is any mention about firearms, also check any other material they may have in their office regarding firearms on their properties. They can not keep you from owning weapons in your living area but they can restrict you from carrying within other areas of their properties.
    I'm not a lawyer so take it for what it's worth. For legal advice ask a lawyer.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Those who accept second best must learn to live with mediocrity. - pafindr

Drawing attention to yourself where you might live and neighbors see you doing it isn't always the best idea.
    You might become a target of theft as a result if the criminal mind who is on drugs knows that you own firearms later on, who knows.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ImpeachObama:248231
    Drawing attention to yourself where you might live and neighbors see you doing it isn't always the best idea.
    You might become a target of theft as a result if the criminal mind who is on drugs knows that you own firearms later on, who knows.
    Thats definitely a possibility. I appreciate that peace of wisdom.

Whenever in doubt, just conceal it. Better to do that than someone who doesn't know the law calling the police and making your life miserable.

You should do it. If you get arrested just say that the internet said it was legal, then they'll let you go.