Have you open carried? - Page 14
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 259

Thread: Have you open carried?

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    I believe it makes you more of a target. In large cities there are gang members who would shoot you in the back just for your weapon. A robber or person with murder on his mind would pick you out first prior to harming others. If you are standing in line at a bank etc. and the BG enters, he sees your firearm on your side, you will be the first to die. Why wear a big flashing sign?
    OK here we go again, since you are so certain of this please feel free to post links to news stories of this happening
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  2.   
  3. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    OK here we go again, since you are so certain of this please feel free to post links to news stories of this happening

    Open Carry Man Robbed of His Gun-Watch Video Here


    I happen to be here with a state LEO friend. He will "only" carry concealed when off duty. Says you would be crazy to carry open, after dark, in any city USA. Will pretty much guarantee you loose your weapon carrying open in the Hazelwood area of Portland and fortunate if you don't loose more than that. He says that if you want to spend the time, your local LEO"s or FBI would have statistics available concerning this subject.
    People should practice being in a state of relaxed awareness similar to defensive driving. Enjoy life, but study your surroundings.....http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/pract...onal-awareness

  4. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    You might want to do some research on that video because there is some speculation that he staged the event to make a point. Got any other instances ?


    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    I happen to be here with a state LEO friend. He will "only" carry concealed when off duty. Says you would be crazy to carry open, after dark, in any city USA. Will pretty much guarantee you loose your weapon carrying open in the Hazelwood area of Portland and fortunate if you don't loose more than that.
    Then again, there should be numerous news stories relating instances where this has happened. Please cite some

    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    He says that if you want to spend the time, your local LEO"s or FBI would have statistics available concerning this subject.
    I'm not the one who made the claim please cite evidence to back your claim that open carry makes you a target.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  5. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Eastern Colorado
    Posts
    269
    If it has happened, and it probably has, the statistics would probably come out that if you OC you have a .000000000000001% chance you will have a thug attempt to take your weapon. Thugs still have a natural instinct called self preservation. That instinct tells them that attacking someone they know to have a weapon may not be the best idea.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

  6. #135
    Hey sheepdog,

    Every forum has at least one resident 'leg humper' that lives on the site attempting to develop social skills. You fail most of the time!

    One last time.... Law enforcement is the largest sample size of those who open carry. They consider themselves targets and take extra training in gun retention and situational awareness. Most wear body armor and carry concealed whenever possible.

    Unfortunately, many officers are shot while armed. Most have experienced a time when the bag guy has attempted to take their weapon. The internet (your source of information) is full of news reports verifying these incidents. Check them out if really interested.

    Open carry advocates are kidding themselves if they think the bad guy will treat them any different than law enforcement. It is internet hyperbole that spreads the notion "a bad guy is intimidated by your visible weapon".

    Do not respond to any of my future posts as they will be ignored!
    People should practice being in a state of relaxed awareness similar to defensive driving. Enjoy life, but study your surroundings.....http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/pract...onal-awareness

  7. #136
    Bikenut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    Have you open carried?

    ******************

    Many years ago but it was not to make a statement. It was a way of life as we lived in a rural setting on a ranch. With age and the growth of our town I found it more comfortable to conceal.

    Why bring attention to yourself? I do not tell anyone that I carry (only the wife knows) I treat it no different than the long time habit of carrying a pocket knife.

    I do not buy the argument that it scares off the bad guy. I believe it makes you more of a target. In large cities there are gang members who would shoot you in the back just for your weapon. A robber or person with murder on his mind would pick you out first prior to harming others. If you are standing in line at a bank etc. and the BG enters, he sees your firearm on your side, you will be the first to die. Why wear a big flashing sign?
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    Hey sheepdog,

    Every forum has at least one resident 'leg humper' that lives on the site attempting to develop social skills. You fail most of the time!

    One last time.... Law enforcement is the largest sample size of those who open carry. They consider themselves targets and take extra training in gun retention and situational awareness. Most wear body armor and carry concealed whenever possible.

    Unfortunately, many officers are shot while armed. Most have experienced a time when the bag guy has attempted to take their weapon. The internet (your source of information) is full of news reports verifying these incidents. Check them out if really interested.

    Open carry advocates are kidding themselves if they think the bad guy will treat them any different than law enforcement. It is internet hyperbole that spreads the notion "a bad guy is intimidated by your visible weapon".

    Do not respond to any of my future posts as they will be ignored!
    Ahh yes.... the old... "I don't have any proof of what I say so I'll just insult anyone who challenges what I say." .... derogatory tactic of ridicule hoping to take the attention off yourself.

    It won't work.

    I am sick and tired of hearing this same old "Open carry will make you a target" crap over and over.

    Prove what you say. If what you say is the truth then there should be a multitude of incidents covered in the media just from Arizona alone where folks have been open carrying for.... get this... decades! with who knows how many thousands of OC hours that represents so it should be a simple matter for you to cite all the many instances where ordinary people who OC have been targeted by bad guys.

    You made the statement now prove it is true instead of trying to use the disgusting leftist Saul Alinsky tactic of using ridicule.

    Rules for Radicals

    By Saul Alinsky - 1971

    -snip-
    7. Tactics
    -snip-
    5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."
    -snip-


    Entire article on Saul Alinsky (complete with references to Hillary Clinton and Obama) can be read here:

    Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

    So.... one last time...

    Prove what you said is true.

  8. #137
    Bikenut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    Open Carry Man Robbed of His Gun-Watch Video Here


    I happen to be here with a state LEO friend. He will "only" carry concealed when off duty. Says you would be crazy to carry open, after dark, in any city USA. Will pretty much guarantee you loose your weapon carrying open in the Hazelwood area of Portland and fortunate if you don't loose more than that. He says that if you want to spend the time, your local LEO"s or FBI would have statistics available concerning this subject.
    Wrong... tell your cop friend to provide the proof of what he says. He said it... he can put forth the effort and "spend the time" to prove it. I won't hold my breath waiting for him to actually do it.

    I'd love to see definitive stats on how many ordinary folks open carrying have been targeted by bad guys because the bad guy saw the gun.

    I'd also love to see stats on how many concealed carriers have been targeted by bad guys because the bad guy couldn't see the gun.

    Then I'd like to see a comparison, expressed in percentage to compensate for the disparity in numbers between OC'ers and CC'ers, on which group... CC or OC... has been statistically "targeted" more often by bad guys.

    And for once... just once... I'd like to see those who spout off about how terrible OC is and how wonderful CC is actually stand behind their words and provide proof. Actual incontrovertible... proof! But again, I won't hold my breath waiting.

  9. #138
    Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.....Now there is a response. What does this have to do with the thread of Open Carry?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Wrong... tell your cop friend to provide the proof of what he says. He said it... he can put forth the effort and "spend the time" to prove it. I won't hold my breath waiting for him to actually do it.

    I'd love to see definitive stats on how many ordinary folks open carrying have been targeted by bad guys because the bad guy saw the gun.

    I'd also love to see stats on how many concealed carriers have been targeted by bad guys because the bad guy couldn't see the gun.

    Then I'd like to see a comparison, expressed in percentage to compensate for the disparity in numbers between OC'ers and CC'ers, on which group... CC or OC... has been statistically "targeted" more often by bad guys.

    And for once... just once... I'd like to see those who spout off about how terrible OC is and how wonderful CC is actually stand behind their words and provide proof. Actual incontrovertible... proof! But again, I won't hold my breath waiting.

    I am far more inclined to accept a 23 year State LEO's opinion on this subject. He carries open everyday of work. A weapon in plain view has never made his job more safe. The real bad guy could care less.

    You seem to be the one that needs "incontrovertible proof" to make you comfortable in your position. I would suggest that you research this subject and then post your findings.

    "Open carry advocates are kidding themselves if they think the bad guy will treat them any different than law enforcement. It is internet hyperbole that spreads the notion "a bad guy is intimidated by your visible weapon". I am completely comfortable with this quote.
    People should practice being in a state of relaxed awareness similar to defensive driving. Enjoy life, but study your surroundings.....http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/pract...onal-awareness

  10. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    I am far more inclined to accept a 23 year State LEO's opinion on this subject.
    Without doccumentation to back it up, LEO of 23 years experince's opinion is still an opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    You seem to be the one that needs "incontrovertible proof" to make you comfortable in your position. I would suggest that you research this subject and then post your findings.
    You're the one that made the claim therefore it incumbent upon you to back it up.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  11. #140
    Bikenut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.....Now there is a response. What does this have to do with the thread of Open Carry?

    Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals is the textbook for leftists who engage in ridicule without having the integrity to provide facts to back up their statements. So folks who make statements about open carry but are unwilling to provide facts to back up their statements share something in common with old Saul's teachings.





    I am far more inclined to accept a 23 year State LEO's opinion on this subject. He carries open everyday of work. A weapon in plain view has never made his job more safe. The real bad guy could care less.

    So you would take an "opinion" to have more veracity than "facts"? How about providing some "facts" that open carry makes an ordinary person more vulnerable to bad guys? Again... open carry has been practiced by folks in Arizona for decades so you should have no problem providing a plethora of actual factual incidents where "The real bad guy could care less." So... do you, or your cop friend, have actual factual researchable incidents to provide? Or is all you got is "I said so!".

    Not to mention that your cop friend should be able to provide actual case numbers that are public record to prove his "opinion" is backed up by actual "fact".


    You seem to be the one that needs "incontrovertible proof" to make you comfortable in your position. I would suggest that you research this subject and then post your findings.

    Yes, I need "incontrovertible proof" because I don't just accept "opinions" as being "fact". Only a fool accepts an opinion instead of facts.

    Attempting to deflect the spotlight from you proving what you say is fact by wanting me to prove your statements aren't factual just doesn't work. You said it.. the onus of proof is upon you. If you can't prove what you say is true then you got nothing.. including no credibility.

    Man up and stand behind your statements with proof. If you can't well.... why should I or anyone else pay any attention to what you have to say?


    Open carry advocates are kidding themselves if they think the bad guy will treat them any different than law enforcement. It is internet hyperbole that spreads the notion "a bad guy is intimidated by your visible weapon". I am completely comfortable with this quote.
    Some of my reply is contained within the body of your post in blue.

    One more time... the part of your post I put in bold is a statement, it isn't even worded as an opinion, and it would have validity if you have proof of it's veracity.

    Man up and prove it.......... Show me the facts!

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast