Have you open carried? - Page 23
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you open carried?

Blog Entries

Re: Have you open carried?

Thanks for the info guys!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

3. I have OC'd for the past 2 years in CO, UT, NV, AZ, NM, & WY. I travel including overnight park in truck stops, Walmarts, and campgrounds a lot and many times well "off the grid" to be able to request help from anyone. I hike in National Parks and National Forests and in my 3 years of hiking have hiked within 100 meters of 3 different bears.

I was using the rest-area in NM when a LEO came up beside me in the other urinal. Just as we were leaving the restroom he asked "what are your carrying?" and we had a pleasant conversation about what we both carry on a daily basis.

I have had only a single citizen say anything to me about it but only in passing. Only a single business in CO has ever asked me to "leave the gun in the car" in which I replied "this customer leaves with it" and I did without any further discussion.

The two hardest people to convince about carrying at all was my wife and my mother, both of which stopped resisting after the Aurora, CO theater shooting.

I now have a CO CCW just in time to be able to put a jacket on this winter. It is not easy OC'ing in the winter so I finally filed for CCW specifically for the winters.

yes i do like it. it's more comfortable and provides better access. and i don't agree with concealed carry having a "element of surprise" either. i carry everywhere it's legal and try to stay out of where it's not, but i can't convince my wife of the reasons why to not go there. walmart is mostly where i go, but i have also been to restaurants the dollerstore and other everyday trips like the gas station. NEVER had any confrentation with any LEO's(at least in uniform). while one hispanic father non vocally asked me to cover it up because he had a child another who looked like an off duty cop who kindly let me know it was uncovered. and one fat and crazy hobo looking dude who insisted that I was not carrying 3-pointed For the most part... i don't think a lot of people notice except at the cashout stand. some go to a different one like it'll make them any safer, some like to start a random conversationabout anything or about the gun.
    I'm not paranoid, I'm aware of the world. Gunophobes are Paranoid!

but i sometimes also carry concealed.
    I'm not paranoid, I'm aware of the world. Gunophobes are Paranoid!

Open carry every day.

I carry my sidearm openly everywhere I go. I do get some dirty looks from people but I don't really care. I get more people curious about why I'm carrying or inquiring about rights they didn't know they have. I'm more than happy to help explain things to them and they're happy finding out they have every right to open carry as well even without a CPL.

7. I have had a Concealed Carry for over 25 years started open carry everywhere over two year ago. I have riding a motorcycle across NV, UT and AZ stopping in every restraints and gas station with it on my hip. Never any issues. A few dumb comments and some looks. It is more comfortable, people are more polite with it open, they say excuse me when wanting by, I do not get any carp or people trying to take cuts in the crowed checkout lines.

8. I usually cc but have oc'd. When i do cc I don't usually worry to much if I print as Ohio is oc.

I have never had anyone other than my wife tell me I'm printing and noone has ever said anything when oc.

9. I live in MA :( I can only open carry in my house with the shades drawn so no one outside sees me and calls the cops ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Electrician4Hire View Post
    I live in MA :( I can only open carry in my house with the shades drawn so no one outside sees me and calls the cops ;)
    You're kidding..... aren't you? Can't you open carry around your curtilage?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

11. Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post

You're kidding..... aren't you? Can't you open carry around your curtilage?
    I'm totally serious. Even accidental printing could get you in trouble here. I wish MA was an open carry state

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast