Have you open carried? - Page 26
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Have you open carried?

Can we open carry in Colorado, if we are passing thru or camping? I am from MN. THX

3. Quote Originally Posted by cloverpeak View Post
    Can we open carry in Colorado, if we are passing thru or camping? I am from MN. THX
    Yes, except in Denver County.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    Based on the screen name of this individual, thinking it may be best to just say; "You just have to consider the source".
    I am with you on this one, good call. Dog.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Thumbs up Lost but not forgotten, open carry.

Years ago I OC'ed at a gas station out in the middle of no where and it proved to be no problem, long before Ohio had any CC laws on the books. I have my CHL and really haven't thought a lot about OC. This thread has really got me thinking about changing my method of carry, not completely but to the point that I stop worrying about keep my weapon concealed. Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread you all have helped me with a concern I can let go. Thanks Dog.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

My "open carry" goes with my training. Its always covered with something as to help with retention and visibility. I guess you could call it a hybrid version of open carry.
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    My "open carry" goes with my training. Its always covered with something as to help with retention and visibility. I guess you could call it a hybrid version of open carry.
    Can you explain this a little more? Or upload a picture of how you carry...is it concealed or open?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Can you explain this a little more? Or upload a picture of how you carry...is it concealed or open?
    My guess would be it's similar to how I "OC" sometimes.. I always have an OWB duty-style holster, which is obviously huge, and will throw my sweatshirt or jacket over it. You can still see the end and the massive imprint, but it's a little harder to notice, and certainly gives a little better retention as my jacket would have to be lifted.

I usually only do this if I'm going into an area with more people than I feel I can reasonably keep track of, such as a very crowded tight area, and I'm carrying my level I holster. I don't usually worry about it so much with the 6365.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    : Try to convince a cop of your Hybrid Version, watch how fast cuffs come out if you dont have a concealed permit..LOL

I have open carried since it became legal to do so in Oklahoma. Have had 0 negative instances. One thing for sure, it is much more comfortable than IWB carrying. I felt a bit strange at first, but getting quite used to it.
    Gun free zones are safe havens...........for criminals.
    Laws govern the lesser man, Morals govern the greater man.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526