Oh, Come On, Really?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, Come On, Really?

Oh, Come On, Really?

I'm getting so tired of hearing people are worried that businesses or other consumers will freak out or panic of they see a person Open Carry! For God sakes, Really? Do they "Freak" out when they see a cop carry a gun? Do they? Well how many law enforcement in your area are now carry open..like forest service, park service, game wardens, park and recreation... etc.. we have many here in SD that do... and honestly we have detectives, undercover cops, or plain cloths cops I mean, that carry.. so how would miss "Freak" out know that I'm not one of these people in plain cloths... I think if some one reported me to a business owner for carrying my gun in the open, I first would very tactfully tell that business owner... "I'm within the rights of this state to carry, and I'm not privilaged to devolge why I'm carrying open in his establishment." I will inform him though, I'm will to leave, so as not to "Scare or make someone feel threatened", and I would then close with, I will also be informing my whole family, church and circle of influence to also act in a like manner and no longer do business there.

Duplicate post....deleting
    Last edited by Bob Bihari; 12-11-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

It depends on the State, and how long open carry laws have been in effect. Some people do freak out when they see any kind of firearm (hoplophobes)...most are in the Liberal corridors along the coasts.
    When I lived in the Washington DC area, I routinely saw a lot of blather in the Washington Post from people coming from Maryland or DC going ape-squeeze when they stopped in Virginia & saw people carrying openly... some letters to the editor were quite humorous. Proved the old adage that Liberalism is a mental disease.

How many stories have you heard where some kid brings a tiny toy gun to school (GI Joe type) and they put the entire school on "Lock down"....or some other equally stupid scenario. They train the kids to fear firearms. The Liberal bastions house a lot of fools who are just flat-out afraid of guns of any type...in some areas (like parts of San Fransisco) they don't even want the Police to carry openly because it makes people uncomfortable (not kidding).....and in their minds - if they don't like something - you have to change. Like five-year old kids that have been pandered to too often (which they have).

We don't have open carry down here in Florida (too bad), but we were one of the first states to allow CCW, so most people are pretty acclimated to the idea of citizens carrying. There are still a few "No guns" signs on businesses once in a while, but they generally don't last long when they realize they are loosing a lot of money because at least 60% of the people down here carry everywhere. We make sure people know not to patronize their businesses....and let the owner know it also.... Some don't "Get it" ...they are usually not in business long. Some of the larger non-Florida based companies that have anti-gun policies (Toys R Us, IKEA, etc) don't do real well down here either....

We are constantly getting an influx of liberals bailing from the big cities that try to bring the mindset they were trying to escape down here with them! It's an uphill battle, but after a while, they settle down. I've taken lots of folks to the pistol range with me to shoot for their first time, and they all find that its a lot of fun. I made a few converts along the way.

One step at a time....

No issues here in my neck of the woods. Get the occasional look and rare "what are you carrying"?

Gun friendly Kentucky.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Open carry makes Jesus sad
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I'm pro gun, pro carry, and I don't really care how anyone carries. I am a bit surprised at how many folks are outraged when someone doesn't recognize their gun rights, but in the next breath, advocate financial revenge (boycott) against a business for exercising their private property rights. How does one justify, "you must honor my rights, but I'm not going to honor yours?
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'm pro gun, pro carry, and I don't really care how anyone carries. I am a bit surprised at how many folks are outraged when someone doesn't recognize their gun rights, but in the next breath, advocate financial revenge (boycott) against a business for exercising their private property rights. How does one justify, "you must honor my rights, but I'm not going to honor yours?
    How does not shopping at a store with posted gun-buster signs NOT honoring their rights? Isn't that precisely what the owner wants?
    All The Best
    Gunz

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Open carry makes Jesus sad
    No, no, no. Jesus open carried.
    All The Best
    Gunz

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8gunz View Post
    How does not shopping at a store with posted gun-buster signs NOT honoring their rights? Isn't that precisely what the owner wants?
    Yes sir it is. That's exactly what the business owner has asked for. I didn't look at it that way. You're absolutely right.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I am a bit surprised at how many folks are outraged when someone doesn't recognize their gun rights, but in the next breath, advocate financial revenge (boycott) against a business for exercising their private property rights. How does one justify, "you must honor my rights, but I'm not going to honor yours?
    LibTarded, Hoplophobic Business Owners have every right to tell me that my sidearm is not allowed into their establishment/s.
    I as a Law Abiding, Tax Paying Citizen have every right to take my business elsewhere.

If the libtarded hoplophobes don't like it, then 'they' need to take down their irrational gunbuster signs.
    Then and only then will I frequent their establishment/s.

Until then, only the armed thugs can continue to carry into their establishments and I refuse to be placed into that sort of dangerous environment without a means to properly defend myself or my family.

Let Bob Costas and his DumboCrapping Minions frequent those establishments.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast