How Many Of You Open Carry? - Page 16
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: How Many Of You Open Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    ...Seattle, arguably one of the most pussified liberal cities in the Northwest...
    You, my friend, have never been to Eugene or Hood River...

3. I have been open carrying for a while now and only been kicked out of one store and will never set foot in until they change their minds and policy.

I live in a small town in AZ, have OCd for years, and never had a problem. Just the opposite: on the few occassions I've left my pistol in the car or at home, people have asked me where it was and why I wasn't carrying it. The closest I've come to being "challenged" about it has been a few people asking why I carry it, to which I reply, "Because I can." This has led to some lively conversations about the 2A, and pretty much everyone who asked agreed with me by the time the conversation was finished. The AZ Legislature even passed, and the Governor signed, a bill making it legal to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, as long as you are not drinking. However, the law says if a business has a "No Guns" policy, you have to obey it. As for bars, I don't think I would care to drink in a room full of strangers all packing while they get intoxicated. Guns and alcohol don't mix. Thank you, and keep your powder dry.

KBV

+1 for AZ laws and another +1 for the Phoenix PD support of the OC protesters at the Townhall location.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

6. I think if minimal people opened carry it would be weird, but if we can get it as a norm again, I don't think you will need to worry about somebody knowing you carry. Most people will and hence, fewer reasons to conceal carry. as far as tactical advantage, hide a derringer up your sleeve. (jk)

I have not OC but it is legal in MI. I don't own a holster that will work for OC.
    Last edited by 007BondJamesBond007; 08-18-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: misspell
    .45acp because they don't make a .46

8. Quote Originally Posted by 007BondJamesBond007 View Post
    I have not OC but it is legal in MI. I don't own a holster that will work for OC.

I also don't OC: I don't even own a gun, largely since I don't want to carry openly. As I've stated, I can't carry because I have PTSD; it doesn't make me an increased threat to myself or others, but the state decided to discriminate on the basis of medieval stigmas, in order to get the CCW law passed, selling out the self-defense rights of people who need it most-- as well a violating the US Constitution.

The only time I OC is when I'm outside working in the yard, pasture, dog lot etc. at the house. I'd rather people not know I have my gun on me. I CC ALL the time. I do however OC my knife with me everywhere.
    Last edited by Jeffrey1235; 09-04-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    Jeff
    NRA GOLDEN EAGLES / LIFE MEMBER
    "They can have my guns, one round at a time . . ."

I started this thread almost two years ago and I'm happy to see that it's still going strong! I have yet to carry since I was shot and robbed of the only handgun I owned (a Glock 22) back in January, but as soon as I'm able to purchase another one, I'll be back to carrying concealed like I always did when off duty.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

NC OCer

I OC almost everywhere I may go. No bad experiences on my end...yet. I've only had the question asked by some, "why do you have a gun", and the negative debates with some friends that don't like guns at all...I never knew how hard it was to debate with a closed mind. I'm currently waiting to take my CCW class this month.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast