How Many Of You Open Carry? - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Of You Open Carry?

Oc, Cc

Quote Originally Posted by lprgcfrank View Post
    I don't want this to deteriorate into an OC vs CC battle - It's a preference - just like whether you are a bottom feeder (semi-auto) or a wheel gunner (revolver) or like me who goes either way - I CC sometimes and OC others - I carry my J-frame sometimes and a 1911 or a Glock others. It all depends on the situation and circumstances.

We need to keep focused on the good that comes from have upright citizens taking the steps to protect themselves and their families and not get hung up on which method is 'better'.

Carry whatever firearm in whatever method is legal for where you are and appropriate for you.
    I totally agree. I personally feel that CC has more advantages than disadvantages but hey, what ever works for each person then that is the way they should go. Or as the old song from the 60's, Different Strokes For Different Folks.

I open carry when I am commuting home from work. It makes reaching for it easier, in the event that I needed to. Then again, I could just set it on the passenger seat next to me. Open carry can be a deterrent if you are in a group of people all openly carrying. Remember, you have strength in numbers. If it is just 2 or 3 people, maybe CC is better. Just my 2 cents.

4. Open carry is subject to limitations by the local municipalities while concealed carry is only limited by the state.

5. Quote Originally Posted by lprgcfrank View Post
    - It's a preference - just like whether you are a bottom feeder (semi-auto) or a wheel gunner (revolver) or like me who goes either way -

Carry whatever firearm in whatever method is legal for where you are and appropriate for you.
    Bottom feeder, like you are the first person that has ever referred to me that way. Oh...wait a sec you are talking guns, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Our NM CCW instructor told us that the law is very strict here on open carry vs. concealed...that you must be one or the other. If your gun is completely revealed, that's legal. Completely concealed, that's legal. But if, as in the above example, you're concealed but the wind blows your jacket open, or someone recognizes that it's a gun in your back pocket, you can be popped for brandishing.
    That's what I like about Kentucky. We still have laws that include a bit of common sense. A weapon inadvertently showing isn't an issue in the Commonwealth.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    JM40 I agree with your main points 100%, and very good ones they are too. But since I'm a nitpicker I'm going to pick a nit.

I figure that cops don't bother to CC because everybody knows they're armed anyway, so it doesn't give them any tactical advantage, whereas the quick draw of an OC holster gives a very nice advantage.

I can't wait for the day when everybody knows that everybody is armed anyway......:D

Cool

I open carry regularly, and I conceal carry too. But really concealed carry is so 1995, if you are really trendy you OC.

Smile hmmm....

they must have open carry in kennesaw, georgia. it is a misdemeanor offense if the police catch you WITHOUT YOUR GUN and legally entittled to carry your weapon.if you go to kennesaw, you better be packin'!!

10. Wink OC=2A activism

Open Carry has a deterrent effect. Concealed does not. Sometimes I OC, sometimes I CC to avoid OC hassles.
    Open Carry is often an activist's tool. Sometimes I OC to make the point that I can OC.

11. Quote Originally Posted by mark555 View Post
    Open carry is subject to limitations by the local municipalities while concealed carry is only limited by the state.
    Well that really depends on the State, don'tcha think? Hell, there are some states that concealed carry is more restricted than open carry....in NC, for instance, you're not allowed to carry concealed into a financial institution, but open carry is perfectly fine. In VA, you can't conceal in an establishment that serves alcohol, but again, open carry is legal.

And here's another thing for you, in the vast majority of states, Concealed Carry is NOT limited by the state, it's forbidden. You're only allowed to if you jump through their hoops and give them YOUR money. On the other hand, in most states that open carry is legal, you don't require permission, it's just plain ol' legal.

Look guys, I love carrying, openly AND concealed. I go back and forth all the time. If you want to try and make an argument for one or the other, make an actual argument. Have you noticed that those of you that open carry, don't "knock" one or the other, and agree that both are good choices? You CC only folks, though, seem to think that open carry is evil...but can't come up with a decent argument to support it...

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast