How Many Of You Open Carry? - Page 8
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Of You Open Carry?

Question Why not both oc and cc?

In Nevada at least, and in some other states, and if you have the proper permit, and it's allowed by law, I see no reason not to do both! If someone ever tried to take my open carry they would be in for a BIG surprise to find that my bug also came along for the ride. Can't be too careful now, can we, especially as defenseless as I feel lately! My foot is really the prettiest shade of blue and it's twice it's normal size! *sigh*

3. Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    In Nevada at least, and in some other states, and if you have the proper permit, and it's allowed by law, I see no reason not to do both! If someone ever tried to take my open carry they would be in for a BIG surprise to find that my bug also came along for the ride. Can't be too careful now, can we, especially as defenseless as I feel lately! My foot is really the prettiest shade of blue and it's twice it's normal size! *sigh*
    Loosen up that ankle holster and that goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Loosen up that ankle holster and that goes away!
    Now that's funny! Why didn't I think of that?
    My boo boo toes, my foot is the same color. I'll have to remember to tell everyone that I tripped on my ankle holster!
    Last edited by gdcleanfun; 01-21-2009 at 06:10 PM.

And I just eat dinner too .................................................. ....

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty1 View Post
    And I just eat dinner too .................................................. ....

Don't it make you hungry?

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Joking aside, have you had your blood sugar level tested lately?
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    Joking aside, have you had your blood sugar level tested lately?
    Nah, I just tripped over a curb and the sidewalk got up-close and friendly with my foot. ER Doc on Saturday said it's sprained. Doctor w/ second opinion today said it's broke. It may be that I'm getting a cast the first of the week. No diabetes in me, but thanks for the concern.

Freedom of choice.

I open carry.

And I have concealed carry with a license.

There are appropriate occasions for both kinds of carry.

But for the record, I do not believe that there is anything 'tactical' about a hidden weapon. The weapon must be displayed in order to be effective and drawing from concealment is not an action you can execute with both speed and reflex. While some here would say I should be fitted with a "Shoot Me First" t-shirt, I believe gun owners should be the visiable deterent if they so choose.

I like GDCleanFun's idea. Open carry, but keep your concealed BUG too.

I feel that if people are exposed to normal people walking around with guns, then they will be more used to the idea that they're not just for cops and bad guys. Somedays I strap my Dirty Harry Gun on my side and walk around all day with it displayed proudly. Some people give me dirty looks, and some look at it and smile, or ask me about it.
    If half the town had guns on thier sides, the criminals would probably think twice about living in that town anymore. Why not be a role model...try to start the next fashion trend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Talking Fashion Trend

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I like GDCleanFun's idea. Open carry, but keep your concealed BUG too.

I feel that if people are exposed to normal people walking around with guns, then they will be more used to the idea that they're not just for cops and bad guys. Somedays I strap my Dirty Harry Gun on my side and walk around all day with it displayed proudly. Some people give me dirty looks, and some look at it and smile, or ask me about it.
    If half the town had guns on thier sides, the criminals would probably think twice about living in that town anymore. Why not be a role model...try to start the next fashion trend.
    Does the gun/holster combo have to complement the belt and shoes?

Since we are talking fashion :)

Tan leather holster and a stainless automatic goes with pretty much anything, right?
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast