What's Your Favorite Open Carry Gun? - Page 7

View Poll Results: What's Your Favorite Open Carry Gun?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beretta 92 FS Inox

4 3.54%
  • Colt Combat Commander 1911

6 5.31%
  • Colt Defender .40 S&W

1 0.88%
  • Colt Government 1911 45ACP

14 12.39%
  • Colt Officer 45ACP

2 1.77%
  • Glock 19 Gen2

4 3.54%
  • Glock 19 Gen4

9 7.96%
  • Glock 21sf

5 4.42%
  • Glock 22 Gen 4

5 4.42%
  • Glock 23

7 6.19%
  • Glock 27

6 5.31%
  • Govt 1911

15 13.27%
  • HK USP 40

1 0.88%
  • IWI Baby Desert Eagle .40

1 0.88%
  • Kahr CM9

3 2.65%
  • Kimber 1911 5" Tactical Custom HD II

7 6.19%
  • Ruger LC9

4 3.54%
  • Ruger SR9C

11 9.73%
  • S&W M&P 40

12 10.62%
  • S&W SD40 VE .40

7 6.19%
  • Sig Sauer 1911

9 7.96%
  • Sig Sauer P239 9MM

2 1.77%
  • Sig Sauer P250

6 5.31%
  • STI .45 ACP

1 0.88%
  • STI 9MM

2 1.77%
  • Taurus Model 85

6 5.31%
  • Taurus PT 1911 AR

2 1.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Open Carry Gun?

Mine is either my hk usp 40 compact or my officers model 1911. Either in a fobus paddle. If I need to go lighter I have an airweight smith 442 with a ctg that I wear in a serpa holster.
    -Austin

I love my Ruger SR40C it conceals well, but if I'd open carry I'd like a full size FNX either 40 or 45

4. OC, only when hiking and other remote outdoor activities, Ruger SR9c 17+1 plus 2 extra 17 mags in Blackhawk carbon fiber. Both two and four footed critters where I hike in the wilderness. Almost always concealed in civilian environs with LCP which makes more sense for my situation.

5. My favorite open carry gun is any gun that the cops can see to know that we'll be providing for our own safety.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Timer View Post
    OC, only when hiking and other remote outdoor activities, Ruger SR9c 17+1 plus 2 extra 17 mags in Blackhawk carbon fiber. Both two and four footed critters where I hike in the wilderness. Almost always concealed in civilian environs with LCP which makes more sense for my situation.
    Haha I know what you're talking about. I broke down in Death Valley once and got picked up by this wierd family that lived in a gold mine that they were getting paid by the goverment not to mine. They reminded me of The Hills Have Eyes. For a while, I didn't know if they were going to rape me or start eating me first. Turns out I was being a judgmental prick and it was neither.

7. My favorite open carry firearm is my EAA Witness 45. It's the best shooting 45 I have ever shot. I like my Kahr CW45 for conceal carry it's a shooter too, it just kicks more given the weight difference.

8. Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Haha I know what you're talking about. I broke down in Death Valley once and got picked up by this wierd family that lived in a gold mine that they were getting paid by the goverment not to mine. They reminded me of The Hills Have Eyes. For a while, I didn't know if they were going to rape me or start eating me first. Turns out I was being a judgmental prick and it was neither.
    Gotcha. Your last sentence set me straight. For a minute I thought you were going to enjoy the rape me/eat me scenario. ;-)

We live and hike near the Mexican border and US wilderness areas. The area is beautiful, remote and crisscrossed by the lanes for illegals and drug mules going north. One never knows what they will meet. Great four legged and creepy crawly wildlife to enjoy at arms length too. My wife and I never go out without our weapons and they are always handy even at home. I am hoping for a similar outcome as you had. I figure my weapon is like a seat belt or parachute. Great to have, make sure it's ready and in good service, but hope I never need it.

Be safe.

9. Ruger P90 45acp is my sidearm of choice, open carry or concealed.

I prefer my Ruger P90 as my carry, open or concealed. Granted not easy to conceal, but it can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Another thread that a few of you have asked for to get everyone's opinion on their favorite open carry gun. Let's see some posts and then we can start a poll.

10. Currently my ONLY sub-compact is a Sig P250...so that's my "preferred" CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhh View Post
    Currently my ONLY sub-compact is a Sig P250...so that's my "preferred" CCW.
    Reading is fundamental. The title of the thread is what is your favorite OPEN carry gun. Why thank you CPT Obvious!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast