First time OC - "are you old enough?"

Thread: First time OC - "are you old enough?"

Talking First time OC - "are you old enough?"

This afternoon, Mrs. PAcarrier and I went to the Dairy Queen in Indiana, followed by WalMart. First time OC in/around public, so I just tried to remember all that I've learned from yinz guys, n'at.

No shrieks, scowling faces, or any negative reactions. Mrs. PAcarrier was also observing that most folks didn't even notice the MWAG.

As we were checking out in the Self-Checkout, one of the items (OTC cough medicine) needed approval. The checkout person came over, and while facing me, asked, "are you old enough for this?" I held my composure until the parking lot upon which I laughed my butt off. Yes, I'm old enough for the cough medicine.
    "They should have listened to the finger..." ~ The_Outlaw

3. That's just stupid.

A year or so ago I purchased a can of spray paint from a Lowes here in Indiana. I was asked for my date of birth. I had purchased spray paint both before and since at the same store and only the one time was I asked about my age. I was 70 at the time.
    "I want a government small enough to fit inside the Constitution." Harry Browne - 1933 - 2006.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    This afternoon, Mrs. PAcarrier and I went to the Dairy Queen in Indiana, followed by WalMart. First time OC in/around public, so I just tried to remember all that I've learned from yinz guys, n'at.

No shrieks, scowling faces, or any negative reactions. Mrs. PAcarrier was also observing that most folks didn't even notice the MWAG.

As we were checking out in the Self-Checkout, one of the items (OTC cough medicine) needed approval. The checkout person came over, and while facing me, asked, "are you old enough for this?" I held my composure until the parking lot upon which I laughed my butt off. Yes, I'm old enough for the cough medicine.
    Ugh he's speaking Pittsburghese. My MIL speaks that. I have the urge to respond with the dialect spoken on my block in Staten every time I hear it. If I did, it would crack the screens on your iPads.

If you are old enough to sell, it I am old enough to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Ugh he's speaking Pittsburghese. My MIL speaks that. I have the urge to respond with the dialect spoken on my block in Staten every time I hear it. If I did, it would crack the screens on your iPads.
    You are correct, Sir. That is Pittsburghese. The WalMart visited was in Indiana, PA - about 2 hours northeast of the 'Burgh.