open carry WalMart - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: open carry WalMart

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    WHODAT and GEJOSLIN. i haven't figured out the like yet but those were very good posts. Thanks
    Thanks buddy, if you look somewhere in the text box toward the right, right after the post, there is a Like/Share hyperlink. I'd actually rather get direct feedback about a post (good or bad) rather than someone hitting a "like" button. Unless there is a prize or something for getting a bunch of "like" that I have not been informed of...
    -
    Be safe, and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Thanks buddy, if you look somewhere in the text box toward the right, right after the post, there is a Like/Share hyperlink. I'd actually rather get direct feedback about a post (good or bad) rather than someone hitting a "like" button. Unless there is a prize or something for getting a bunch of "like" that I have not been informed of...
    -
    Be safe, and welcome!
    Depending on the post and what the poster is saying, it can mean like or agree. Or something along those lines. ymmv
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

9 pages on this thread. I bet the OP didn't expect such!

That is for sure just really wanted to share a experience who knew it would grow to 8 pages plus Hey at least if it gets people thinking and gets others to understand the need to carry and be resoponsible who could ask for more?

Or Cop: Or my personal favorite well lets just keep in in the holster then!

I really don't know how most cops deal with seeing and dealing with the bottom feeders they run into, and still maintain personal lives, unaffected by it, at least the ones I know.[/QUOTE]
    It is not easy do it for a week and you will never leave home with out your sidearm again lol

5. Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    9 pages on this thread. I bet the OP didn't expect such!

That is for sure just really wanted to share a experience who knew it would grow to 8 pages plus Hey at least if it gets people thinking and gets others to understand the need to carry and be resoponsible who could ask for more?

Or Cop: Or my personal favorite well lets just keep in in the holster then!

I really don't know how most cops deal with seeing and dealing with the bottom feeders they run into, and still maintain personal lives, unaffected by it, at least the ones I know.
    It is not easy do it for a week and you will never leave home with out your sidearm again lol[/QUOTE]

the reason it has went into that many pages is because of all the OT that has been posted.
    here goes another one.
    LEOs do not deal with a lot of bottom feeders in their job. they deal with citizens, yes, a few (a very few) of these citizens do deplorably things. but remember almost all of them are decent people, that are in bad situations. when a LEO gets to thinking everybody is a scum bag, then they should probably quit what they are doing and get a job where they don't have to deal with people

LEOs do not deal with a lot of bottom feeders in their job. they deal with citizens, yes, a few (a very few) of these citizens do deplorably things. but remember almost all of them are decent people, that are in bad situations. when a LEO gets to thinking everybody is a scum bag, then they should probably quit what they are doing and get a job where they don't have to deal with people[/QUOTE]

Ok not sure if you missed my point or if was meant to be a back handed insult? Just in case it was the first let me state my intent behind the comment that" do it for a week and you will never leave home with out your sidearm" that statement was made on facts not emotions not opinion but simply facts. One of those facts being that you never know what can happen on any given day period. You never knnow what unforseen things will cross your path. Fact is that bad things can happen any where regardless or area. Based on the above it is my opinion if you celect to exercise your 2nd amendment right that you should be legally carrying with a side arm and a knowledge of its proper use and function. With that being said I am not suggesting that every one walk around thinking that danager lurks around every corner and the world is a awful place. But I am suggesting that people would be well served to be aware of their surroundings and be prepared to deal with evil when it comes calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    LEOs do not deal with a lot of bottom feeders in their job. they deal with citizens, yes, a few (a very few) of these citizens do deplorably things. but remember almost all of them are decent people, that are in bad situations. when a LEO gets to thinking everybody is a scum bag, then they should probably quit what they are doing and get a job where they don't have to deal with people
    I would have to disagree, in general. I agree that percentage-wise a very few are "bottom-feeders" and what we as regular law abiding citizens will deal with on a daily basis will probably reflect that. In the case of a LEO, they are called into the worst situations to face that "very few" on a regular basis. Yes, some are just good people having a bad day, but the LEO can't go into every situation expecting rainbows and unicorns. That does not make them ill-fit to serve, it makes them more likely to go home at the end of the shift.
    -
    How it affects me as one of the good guys, is that I have to keep in mind how they have to approach any given situation and do as little as possible to raise their threat level when dealing with me.

Leo's do deal with the bottom feeders of society on a routine basis, it's their job. They have their 'regulars' that they are always dealing with. Listen to a scanner and the conversations between officers. One is dispatched to a call, with a description of the perp, and another officer calls him and says that sounds like "so and so" and will give some information about the guy.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Unfortunately LEO do spend a lot of time with the same offenders over and over again. The same ones continually causing trouble on a daily biases a times. Drug addicts stealing from houses and robbing folks to support their drug habits. Small town cops maybe not so much, but drugs are everywhere and the crimes it causes come with. People who don't see or understand this, why are you carrying a gun and on this forum if not for the crime in and around the area you live or work in?
    Please enlighten me if I'm off base here.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Unfortunately LEO do spend a lot of time with the same offenders over and over again. The same ones continually causing trouble on a daily biases a times. Drug addicts stealing from houses and robbing folks to support their drug habits. Small town cops maybe not so much, but drugs are everywhere and the crimes it causes come with. People who don't see or understand this, why are you carrying a gun and on this forum if not for the crime in and around the area you live or work in?
    Please enlighten me if I'm off base here.
    I agree, some sound like "I hate cops, cops are evil, I don't need cops because I have a gun..." Personally, I'd rather be able to defend myself against the bottom-feeders on the off chance that I might find myself in that situation, but let someone else deal with them on a daily basis.

11. first i want to say that i am not anti cop, just pro-rights. the main thrust of my post was that LEOs should never get to thinking everybody is just a scum bag they havn't caught yet. we have had a few of those in my area all ready.

i have found that 20% of LEOs genuinely want to help people. 70% are just on the job, or just likes the prestige they enjoy. 10% are really ******** that want to push people around. lets hope the 90% will keep the latter in check

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast