open carry WalMart - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: open carry WalMart

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cavalieri View Post
    It takes them back out. If you look at my original post the last sentence is on a new line. During edit I inserted a blank line to delineate a paragraph but when I clicked "post" it disappeared. I tried various html and markup paragraph delimiters awhile ago to no avail. So I gave up. It's Luke's forum, he must be saving money by compressing the text so I can't blame him.
    That's weird the spaces stay in place for me

see
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    That's weird the spaces stay in place for me

see
    I see your post with "see" on a new line but no blank line between it and the prior sentence. Interestingly the blank line shows up in the quoted text I see when I click "reply with quote". Not sure it's worth chasing, I've gotten used to the lack of punctuation from text messages etc. I'm running Windows 7 and IE 9, not sure that matters but it could.

I see your post with "see" on a new line but no blank line between it and the prior sentence. Interestingly the blank line shows up in the quoted text I see when I click "reply with quote". Not sure it's worth chasing, I've gotten used to the lack of punctuation from text messages etc. I'm running Windows 7 and IE 9, not sure that matters but it could.
    Well that explains why the OP keeps insisting that he put in "paraphrases"
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

It takes them back out. If you look at my original post the last sentence is on a new line. During edit I inserted a blank line to delineate a paragraph but when I clicked "post" it disappeared. I tried various html and markup paragraph delimiters awhile ago to no avail. So I gave up. It's Luke's forum, he must be saving money by compressing the text so I can't blame him.
    I am not sure if this will help, but you might go to the Settings tab at the top of any page and scroll down to this portion:

Miscellaneous Options
    Message Editor Interface:

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    Basic Editor - A simple text box
    Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

Perhaps you have a box checked that does not allow the entered spacing to remain after the post is entered.
    Certified NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Defense in The Home, Personal Defense Outside the Home and Refuse to Be a Victim.
    Oklahoma Handgun License Instructor; NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA EVC, District 2, OK

This thread had potential of being interesting..??? But its more of a grammar lesson.JMO

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    This thread had potential of being interesting..??? But its more of a grammar lesson.JMO
    But perhaps it will make future posts easier to read. I tend to go crosseyed reading posts that are really long and run together.
    Certified NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Defense in The Home, Personal Defense Outside the Home and Refuse to Be a Victim.
    Oklahoma Handgun License Instructor; NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA EVC, District 2, OK

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I think you’re missing the point entirely. I take no exception with the person who was OCing, I take exception with you for approaching him. The fact that you approached him as a uniformed, or at least clearly identifiable, police officer changes the equation only slightly and still not enough that folks are going to see you as a kindred spirit who just wants to shoot the breeze about gunz.

This discussion has happened on this forum before numerous times the point I’m trying to get across here is that not everyone is like you. Not everyone wants random strangers attempting to interact with them at Wal-Mart and not every one is going to take your advances in the spirit you intend.
    Ok so if you have a problem with it, walk away. Clearly the guy he talked with didn't, so what's the problem? You're trying to convince him to stop being friendly because you don't want to talk to anybody you don't know in public.

You sound like a vet who didn't reintegrate back into society well. Yes, you should always have a certain amount of situational awareness about you but at the same time, the local Wal-Mart isn't Fallujah.

If that's how you want to live, fine no worries, but don't make everybody else wrong because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    -snip-
    he said thank you for not hassleing him, Me says no thank you for having the courage to exercise your rights and demonstarting that not every one with a gun is a criminal. Really kind of sad that responsible armed citizens are treated so poorly with out cause or justification.
    Yes it is a shame that law abiding people OC'ing are treated badly by SOME officers.... but kudos to you for taking the time to change the perception that ALL officers will treat an OC'er badly.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    You sound like a vet who didn't reintegrate back into society well. Yes, you should always have a certain amount of situational awareness about you but at the same time, the local Wal-Mart isn't Fallujah.
    You've never been to my wal mart.

Also, I think I mentioned up thread that I was attacked by someone who did essentially what the OP did , just with a different topic of conversation to close the gap on me before attacking and I was in full uniform and clearly identifable as a private security guard. Experiences like that color your view of humanity

To be clear, when I wrote my original response I didn’t get that the OP was clearly identifiable as a police officer. That changes things to a degree but I’d still be a little on the defense (which is not the same as being defensive) as was the person the OP interacted with, because it isn’t the norm of behavior. In my experience police don’t start random conversations with people to compliment them on their choice of firearms.

The fact that the person the OP interacted with also went on the defense initally indicates that I assessment of the situation is not out of the norm, although I would have remained somewhat on my guard just because the OP was a police officer (Again, my experience doesn’t include Police Officers starting random conversations just for the Hell of it.)

I’d also like to clarify that when I say that I’d have my guard up or be on the defense I’m not saying that I’d square up on the guy (especially not if he a uniformed Police officer) but I would certainly take note of the abnormal behavior and (assuming a non uniformed person approaching me) at least mentally start preparing for a confrontation or go from DEFCON 4 to 3 if you will because it isn’t normal behavior and abnormal behavior can be a precursor to an attack.

Is that really so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    But perhaps it will make future posts easier to read. I tend to go crosseyed reading posts that are really long and run together.
    I don't read them;

if one cannot express their thoughts in an organized readable manner, the assumption is that they really don't have thoughts worthy of deciphering from a wall of text.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast